Dry Counties?!?!?

• 601 posts
    August 19, 2010 3:11 AM PDT
    I got caught out in Navahoe county a few years back, when the waitress in the cafe saw my look of pure terror at "no beer" she went out and filled my glass a few times with her own stock of "alcohol free" beer...we had a good sing-along that night !!

as for Ezzy ....just call him "langer"...it works. The word is only used in Cork where I live, but we call everyone, friend or foe that, its all in the way you say it and the emphasis on each syllable.
    • 568 posts
    August 19, 2010 4:39 AM PDT
    rory1 wrote...
    I got caught out in Navahoe county a few years back, when the waitress in the cafe saw my look of pure terror at "no beer" she went out and filled my glass a few times with her own stock of "alcohol free" beer...we had a good sing-along that night !!

as for Ezzy ....just call him "langer"...it works. The word is only used in Cork where I live, but we call everyone, friend or foe that, its all in the way you say it and the emphasis on each syllable.

LOL thanx "bro!"
    • 19046 posts
    August 20, 2010 12:36 PM PDT
    A clue to the fact you are entering or leaving a dry county is when you approach a county line marker you see bars and liquor store right on one side of the county line marker but not on the other. You can bet the county without the stores is dry.
  • August 20, 2010 1:42 PM PDT
    RexTheRoadDog wrote...
    Blackpearl wrote...
    BlvdCruiser wrote...
    I lived in a "Dry County" in Arkansas for 18 years. Really sucked. Had to drive into Little Rock to buy beer. Plus, through out the state, no alcohol could be sold on Sundays or Election Days. What never made any sense was the fact that even in a dry county, you could have a "Private Club" and sell alcohol. However, I did get to know a couple of "Moonshiners" that made some kick-a#@, burn your gut shine !!!!!!!!

18 years??? You poor soul!  Bet they sold cigars though... heh heh!
    OK so what is wrong with Ceegers????   hahahahaha

Oh... taint the ceegars that I was thinkin about... it's them humidors that was bein used in Arkansas... and D.C. ... heh heh!

• August 20, 2010 1:45 PM PDT
    RexTheRoadDog wrote...
    A clue to the fact you are entering or leaving a dry county is when you approach a county line marker you see bars and liquor store right on one side of the county line marker but not on the other. You can bet the county without the stores is dry.

Shoot! We have a city like that up here ~ dang near dry as a bone... but go outside the city limits (past the cemetary on the corner) and you'll see the biggest beer and wine sign in your life! Always laughed... on Friday afternoon / evening, the line coming outta town was horrendous! Look it up ~ Lynden, WA

• August 20, 2010 2:02 PM PDT
    irving, texas was dry, and why i don't live there anymore haha
    • 1066 posts
    August 20, 2010 10:54 PM PDT
    We don't have any Dry Counties that I know of, in Ohio. We do have a dry little Town about 7 miles from us. I used to live in that Town, more Drunks than the rest of the county.
  • August 21, 2010 12:37 AM PDT
    I carry a card that permits me to purchase a drink in a Texas dry town. I live in a wet city so I agree to abide by the rules of the wet one ??? Also have to purchase a meal. I'm ok with that. The wine fit the meal...