Air ride seat

• August 8, 2010 3:25 AM PDT

I was at the dealer getting some warranty work done the other day. A rider came in an he had a seat that had air bladders in it. I'm having one of those CRS senior moments and can't remember the name of the seat. Do remember that he said it cost around 6 bills,an it's not an Air-Hawk cushion. Anyone got any idea which seat I'm talkin about.

• August 8, 2010 3:31 AM PDT
    I had one of those after a bean feed. NOTE> not pleasant with a full body suit.... I like chaps for a bean feed...
    OH welcome from east of Big D allas, Tx 
    • 0 posts
    August 8, 2010 4:12 AM PDT
    Air Zeppelin seat probably. Not for those with a short inseam.
    • 1509 posts
    August 8, 2010 8:25 AM PDT
    did it work like this
    • 352 posts
    August 8, 2010 11:54 PM PDT
    I was looking at those AirHawk cushions as well - they "look" good on paper - just have not found anyone yet that has used one. I know they have a booth at sturgis this year. I am curious as well.
  • May 20, 2012 9:03 AM PDT
    Are you talking about a seat with an air bladder cushion in it?
    Or are you talking about an Air Ride Seat (the subject heading) such as some of the FLHTP's (police) have?
    I have the FLHTP air ride seat with the air shock absorber bladder, more like an air piston underneather the seat pan and it must be the most comfortbale seat that I have ever ridden on.
  • June 2, 2012 8:22 PM PDT
     I believe that the seat that I have is called an "Air Ride Seat".  It is a solo seat on a retired FLHTP (Police Electraglide).  It has a conventionally padded seat pan that is hinged forward, but is sprung aft, above an air bladder that replicates an "air shock" absorber.  I love it!  It is the most comfortable seat that I have ridden.  PaulB