Down - but not out

• July 31, 2010 4:51 PM PDT
    What a lousy month of July this has been for the OL and me - last week she went to the doctor with an earache and 4 days later came home with a brand new pacemaker - doc said her heart was only workin at 10% and she couldv'e dropped over without warning at any time - so anyways I get her home and the next day I go to the doc for a biopsy on my prostate and I wind up in ER at the Hospital with a bladder not working. - the doc grounded me from ridin for a least a week and this is only the first day home. No STURGIS this year I guess.
  • g
    July 31, 2010 9:49 PM PDT
    bad shit dude ,hope all goes well soon fir u bro ..
  • July 31, 2010 11:43 PM PDT
    Sorry to hear this, but I'm glad to hear they caught the problem before she did drop! Hope your biopsy comes back OK also.
    • 1364 posts
    August 1, 2010 12:19 AM PDT
    Thoughts and prayer to you and yours, Be strong
    • 1780 posts
    August 1, 2010 1:01 AM PDT
    Gods speed in your recovery
    • 2072 posts
    August 1, 2010 2:38 AM PDT
    Dang........... Hate to hear all this but glad everything was caught in time. You BOTH get some rest and heal up.
  • August 1, 2010 3:00 AM PDT
    You're right sarge, this month has sucked! The wife put her bike down Friday afternoon (the 30th) cause some asshole turned in front of her. Yup... Yer right!
    • 5420 posts
    August 1, 2010 3:09 AM PDT
    Well I guess the silver lining is both were caught on doctor visits and niether of you had to be rushed to the hospital after a REAL problem occurred.

Hope you both stay well...You'll be back on the bike in no time!!!
    • 1516 posts
    August 2, 2010 6:42 AM PDT
    Well I hope that you week of being grounded isn't to hard on you.. be sure to keep us posted on the recovery!! Take good care of your wife!!
    • 352 posts
    August 2, 2010 8:16 AM PDT
    ouch - sorry to hear about that Sarge, but as Lucky said, at least it was caught on a Dr. visit and not the hard way

...man sometimes getting old REALLY sux
  • August 7, 2010 3:52 AM PDT
    Got the test results back yesterday on the biopsy and I'm here to tell ya that I'm one happy camper today - NO CANCER ! - Came home without any tubes stickin in me and 12 hours later I'm back in the ER with a blocked bladder - so now I'm back to draggin the bag from a while longer until they fiquire out why it ain't workin. Dern - I told them either fix it or find out how to attach it to the bike so I don't get cut off from my ridin time. Hopefully mon. the doc will have a solution to the problem. Was thinkin sbout switchin from water to shine and draining into the tank; should increase the mileage on the ride real good! What's ya think? LOL
  • August 19, 2010 9:13 AM PDT
    Just to let you all know the doc cleared me to ride again without any tubes stickin out of me. got to go out last nite for the first in a month an ride- almost like being in heaven can't wait for this weekend and my trip to WV.
    Thanks to all that replyed and the next M&G I'm going to try and make.
    • 1516 posts
    August 19, 2010 9:22 AM PDT
    I am glad things are looking up for you sarge.. tubes stickin out is not such a great thing!!
    • 2072 posts
    August 19, 2010 11:12 AM PDT
    Sarge.. Glad to hear your on the mend !!! NOW, take your time and don't overdo it !!!!!
    • 212 posts
    August 19, 2010 1:53 PM PDT
    Glad all is better!
  • August 19, 2010 2:31 PM PDT
    Amen to all above, Sarge!

So pleased to hear your results were 'free'! What a blessing ~ and for your wife, thank God it was found and taken care of!
    But about the 'shine'... try whiskey... it thins the mix and gives ya an extra 50 RPMs... ha ha ha!
    Take good care (both of you!) and here's to a speedy recovery and little 'down time' :-)

Coop
    • 19049 posts
    August 19, 2010 11:47 PM PDT
    Really glad things are better and you are back on two wheels.
  • August 22, 2010 2:50 PM PDT
    All's well now that I'm back to ridin' - just got back from a 747 mile weekend trip to Pittsburgh PA and had a great time.
    Thanks to all who shared the love for my OL and I.
  • July 29, 2011 9:44 AM PDT
    Update on the cancer - went back in for a congested chest and after they got done I was told that I have lung cancer in my right lung. Unforuntaly it's termial and they can only treat it with with chemo - so now I'm takin chemo and riding less back did manage to keep the doc from grounding me from riding altogether. Don't know how much longer I will be able to ride but am not giving up without a hell've fight. OL and kids have really hung in there with me and given support when needed. Thank the Good Lord for that.
  • July 29, 2011 9:58 AM PDT
    Hang in there Sarge I know you will fight the good fight. God Bless You
    • 2072 posts
    July 29, 2011 11:32 AM PDT
    Sarge..... Sorry to hear about the health situation. They ARE doing some amazing things now in the battle against cancer. Be a fighter and you WILL beat this demon !!!!! Keeping you in our prayers !!!
    • 3006 posts
    July 30, 2011 4:23 AM PDT
    Thoughts n prayers go out to you & yours,recently went thru this with my sister,after some major surgery she is in better shape n not in pain all the time,pretty sure they got all the cancer.Take it easy on yourself,n believe your going to get better !!!
    • 19 posts
    November 11, 2011 9:23 PM PST
    WoW thats a run of bad luck man,just lost a bro. yesterday from lung cancer@age 51,that hurt my hart,as we grewup together.How are you doing now?I have that hard to pee sometime thing,had the test 3 weeks ago,and will finlly find out monday at doc. appt.I try not to think about what it could b,i'm only 50.Anyway ill try and rember to update,and interested in hearing how you are doing.As a smoker of 35 years,my days are coming.Good Luck new Brother
    • 19 posts
    November 11, 2011 9:23 PM PST
    WoW thats a run of bad luck man,just lost a bro. yesterday from lung cancer@age 51,that hurt my hart,as we grewup together.How are you doing now?I have that hard to pee sometime thing,had the test 3 weeks ago,and will finlly find out monday at doc. appt.I try not to think about what it could b,i'm only 50.Anyway ill try and rember to update,and interested in hearing how you are doing.As a smoker of 35 years,my days are coming.Good Luck new Brother
    • 611 posts
    November 12, 2011 6:44 AM PST
    Aw Right! What th HELL is going on? Sarge7 & OL, What's happening w/yer lung cancer? How bout yer ladies PaceMaker? All good, I hope... Prowler, what's the story but th pee-back up thang?
    Me, diagnosed w/emphacema (sp) and had a chunk-o-cancer removed from my ornery hide. Took the lower half of one of my skull tattoos, dammit! I paid good money fer that tat!
    I think it was Betty Davis that said "Getting old ain't for sissies."
    So Ride Enjoy Repeat... before ya die, dammit!
    Edge