What is wrong with people?

• 0 posts
    July 30, 2010 8:38 AM PDT
    I think I have calmed down enough now to write.

I stopped by a store to pick up a couple of things. I was in the store about 10 minutes and come out to fing some kid going through the saddlebags on my bike!

I walked up behind him, smacked him on the back of the head and grabbed his collar before he could take off running. Next to my bike was car with two people in it and they jumped out yelling at me for hitting their kid. I just calmly pulled out the phone and called 911.

When the police arrived (fairly quickly for a change) I was still holding the kid by the collar and the parents were still yelling at me. It seems to me they were there to keep a lookout for the kid when he went through the bike. (didn't do a very good job)

Anyways, the policeman listened to the stories from both sides and got us all together and told us there was two ways it could go.

1. He dags the kid in and books him, and he drags me in and books me too. (For assaulting a minor!. I just swatted him once!)
    2. we all just walk away and forget it happened.

Seeing as I have better things to do with my life that sit in court with a lawyer. I decided to just walk away.
    But, to make it even worse the cop came over to me and said " I know who you are and there will be no retaliation against the family! Got it?"

What is wrong with this picture???? 

• 1509 posts
    July 30, 2010 8:48 AM PDT
    should have made sure there was only one story to be told!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That was a Quote from a Beaver County Pa. Sherif
    • 0 posts
    July 30, 2010 9:14 AM PDT
    Too may witnesses, besides, I am not by nature an aggressive guy. (unless provoked heavily)
  • July 30, 2010 9:18 AM PDT
    that's why you stalk your pray and develope a plan
  • July 30, 2010 9:38 AM PDT
    a letter to the editor of the local paper is not considered retaliation
    • 1161 posts
    July 30, 2010 10:23 AM PDT
    GaryTJ wrote...
    I think I have calmed down enough now to write.

I stopped by a store to pick up a couple of things. I was in the store about 10 minutes and come out to fing some kid going through the saddlebags on my bike!

I walked up behind him, smacked him on the back of the head and grabbed his collar before he could take off running. Next to my bike was car with two people in it and they jumped out yelling at me for hitting their kid. I just calmly pulled out the phone and called 911.

When the police arrived (fairly quickly for a change) I was still holding the kid by the collar and the parents were still yelling at me. It seems to me they were there to keep a lookout for the kid when he went through the bike. (didn't do a very good job)

Anyways, the policeman listened to the stories from both sides and got us all together and told us there was two ways it could go.

1. He dags the kid in and books him, and he drags me in and books me too. (For assaulting a minor!. I just swatted him once!)
    2. we all just walk away and forget it happened.

Seeing as I have better things to do with my life that sit in court with a lawyer. I decided to just walk away.
    But, to make it even worse the cop came over to me and said " I know who you are and there will be no retaliation against the family! Got it?"

What is wrong with this picture???? 

Sounds to me like Child Services may need to here about this action that the childs parents are involving a minor in acts of wrong doing.   And sounds like the Local News needs to get a wiff of the stench comming out of certain officers and what they allow to go on in the town to it's own residents.   But atleast your not going for revenge on the childs parents (that need it),  and being honest to the local paper might get more people to support your doing aswell specially if they are like some of us seeing crime rates get higher.
    • 1516 posts
    July 30, 2010 10:32 AM PDT
    That is ridiculous!
  • July 30, 2010 11:00 AM PDT
    Crooked parents raise crooked kids, nothing new there.

WTF is wrong with the cop?

You caught the little creep burglaizing you saddlebags.

What did he expect you to do, off him an ice cream cone?

Sounds like he needs his career path redirected.
    • 1780 posts
    July 30, 2010 11:25 AM PDT
    Well if you knew the cop was going to give you shit anyway, I would have slaped the shit out of the kid (harder) and the ass wipes in the car. You know go for broke....I mean you caught the little turd red handed........right.
    Where is the justice in the world anyway....................................
    • 467 posts
    July 30, 2010 11:26 AM PDT
    Yeah, Department of Family Services needs to know about that blatant "contributing to the delinquency of a minor" and a good letter to the editor about the incident (including the behaviour of the cop) is in order!