Motorcycle Theme Song!

• July 20, 2010 12:23 PM PDT
    I know when I roll down the road I have a lot of shit rolling around in my head. I have no stereo because I'm just not interested in a bagger and plus I love the way my bike sounds as I roll down the road!
    So I always have this recurring song that goes through my head as I ride...

Desert Plains by Judas Priest!
  • July 20, 2010 1:07 PM PDT
  • July 20, 2010 1:07 PM PDT
    Post a youTube vid on your profile!! I'm going to give it a look / listen if I can find one.

I like hearing my bike too. Riding clears my head. Sometimes Santana plays in my head... lol.

Nice looking ride B.
  • July 21, 2010 4:53 AM PDT
    this was in my fatherinlaw's garage this winter!
    • 19040 posts
    July 21, 2010 12:30 PM PDT
    There are many, many songs but the top is this one. I just have to be on the right road for it. Long sweeping twisties are best to drag the floor boards on especially towards the end of the song when the guitars really get to kicking ass...
    This may seem wierd but I actually get a rush after

• 1509 posts
    July 21, 2010 1:00 PM PDT
    Rex I agree, When I am on the shovel I seam to sing songs with rage involved in them, favorite may by Born to Be Wild, Enter Sandman, Ohio, One way Out.
    When I am on the Roadking I have a more calm attitude and sing folk songs' I almost cut my hair (which i did shaved it bald) The night they tore old dixe down and stuff like that.
  • July 21, 2010 2:37 PM PDT
    gonna show my redneck here

• 19040 posts
    July 22, 2010 12:11 AM PDT
    OK Derek, so you are a Jimmie Rodgers fan huh...
    • 352 posts
    July 22, 2010 1:19 AM PDT
    Wow good question. I usually don't run with my iPod unless it's a real long ride...always have a few run through my head.
    Born to be wild, that song from an old TV show...going down that Long lonesome highway - don't remember the song name for sure but the show was then came Bronson with Michael Parks from the 60's..one of my favorites
    • 19040 posts
    July 22, 2010 1:27 AM PDT
    Dan, you mean this one???

• 352 posts
    July 22, 2010 1:32 AM PDT
    That would be the one....that show was "inspirational" in me getting my first bike and kind of stuck in my head
    • 1364 posts
    July 22, 2010 2:48 AM PDT
    This one ALWAYS seams to get me going
    • 352 posts
    July 22, 2010 2:51 AM PDT
    RexTheRoadDog wrote...
    There are many, many songs but the top is this one. I just have to be on the right road for it. Long sweeping twisties are best to drag the floor boards on especially towards the end of the song when the guitars really get to kicking ass...
    This may seem wierd but I actually get a rush after

I do like this one - gonna have to add it to my ipod
  • July 22, 2010 12:59 PM PDT
    • 352 posts
    July 22, 2010 1:03 PM PDT
    Black9 wrote...

sorry officer - I do not know how fast I was going, I was just jamming on a good beat 
  • July 22, 2010 2:27 PM PDT
    rex, i grew up listening to am radio out of san antonio, before george straight came along, don williams and the like, my mom liked bob wills and texas playboys, so i just like that sound. nothing like am radio late at night, the hiss and pops during the song. good memories
    • 1066 posts
    July 22, 2010 2:39 PM PDT
    Rex, Green Grass And High Tides is one of my favorites, whether I'm on the road or not. I've got a couple of buddies in a band, that just plain play the hell out that song. Thanks for the listen.
    • 2072 posts
    July 22, 2010 2:59 PM PDT
    RexTheRoadDog wrote...

THAT show is ONE of the reasons I ride a bike today. I used to count the hours till that show would be on. I remember telling my Mom one night while watching it..... That's gonna be me someday !!!!!!

• 352 posts
    July 22, 2010 3:24 PM PDT
    BlvdCruiser wrote...
    RexTheRoadDog wrote...

THAT show is ONE of the reasons I ride a bike today. I used to count the hours till that show would be on. I remember telling my Mom one night while watching it..... That's gonna be me someday !!!!!!

yep - right there with ya on that...
  • July 23, 2010 4:02 AM PDT
    I don't listen to music while I'm riding, but these are a couple songs that go thru my head sometimes; I just really love the sound of the bike as I go down the road.

Lou Reed: Walk on the Wild Side...especially the part that goes:  Hey Babe take a walk on the wild side: and the coloured girls go doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo etc:

And  Willie Nelson: On the Road Again

• 567 posts
    July 23, 2010 4:09 AM PDT
    Lordy !!! Can't tell you how many times that "On the Road Again" tune has replayed in my head when tooling down the asphalt. Maybe I need to get an iPod .. at least then I'd have more than one tune. LOL
  • July 23, 2010 11:40 AM PDT
    I know!! Sometimes I don't have anything rolling thru my head, but there are times when I wish it would stop~!!!!!
    • 19040 posts
    July 23, 2010 9:51 PM PDT
    Here is another from my road song selection...The back beat drums and bass really make this a great riding tune.

From one of the best singer songwriters alive today....

• 19040 posts
    July 23, 2010 10:01 PM PDT
    Once more from the Road Dog, another ride song...Sorry for the commercial

• 513 posts
    July 23, 2010 10:29 PM PDT
     This....