SPORTS IS FIXED..RIGED what ever you want to call it...live with

• 1780 posts
    July 11, 2010 10:05 AM PDT
    I think it's time to put a post out on sports in general and how the outcome of each game is established prior to starting the game. I agree back in the old days games (basket ball, base ball, foot ball, bowling.......etc) it was played for the love of the game, however as time as passed on , it's all about money. MONEY the root of all evil, and I'm sure there are guys out there in all sports that play there heart out for the game, but there are twice as many that play just for the money of the game. The money these professionals are getting to play ball is BS, and all it is now is a business. Nothing like it was first started out to be. Hell you need a bank of Lawers to figure out the contracts these dudes are singing, with there sign on bonus, and there how well they play bonus. Don't get me wrong I like football most of all, but I know as I watch it.....it's all Bull Shit. Hell the Ref's may even be in on the take. Just like I stated in another post...taking the worlds series of baseball, if one team won all the games in the shortest amount of time, look at all the money loss in selling hotdogs, popcorn, cokes, beer, etc. This series has to be drawn out as far as possible to suck as much money out of the public as possible. Take a look at the money that passes through Las Vegas on everything from baseball to boxing. Do you think for a second the high rollers are going to take a huge loss on an event. HELL NO!!! 
    So as you watch your nest sporting event, just remember the outcome has already been established. Place your bets gentlemen!!!
    Night Dragon
  • July 11, 2010 10:07 AM PDT
    conspiracy theorist! hahahahaha
    • 1780 posts
    July 11, 2010 10:08 AM PDT
    Please think about your response before you post it.......you may agree with me.
    • 413 posts
    July 11, 2010 10:47 AM PDT
    On a serious note I'm sure there is some truth to yer conclusion.

On a MORE serious note; ya tell my granny (God rest her soul) that rastlin ain't real and she liable to kick yer rambo lookin ass...LOL!!
    • 2072 posts
    July 11, 2010 11:00 AM PDT
    Dragon.... Have to agree with you especially on the salary part. These guys are making so much friggin money that the cost to get into a "Professional" game of any kind has become outrageous. Hell, just to take the family to a professional football game just about requires a second mortgage on the farm !!!!! I dont have a problem with people making GOOD money but some things have just gotten out of hand !!!
    • 19043 posts
    July 11, 2010 11:00 AM PDT
    That is funny Dude!! I know a few people like your granny.
    Kenny, I do agree with you somewhat. If there is large amounts of money to be made then I am at the very least cynical as to the validity of the results. Sadly this is in any endeavor, whether it be sports, sales, or the arts. Just listen to the so called "new (pop) country" music. A bunch of manufactured, all sounds the same, crap.
    • 1066 posts
    July 11, 2010 11:06 AM PDT

• July 11, 2010 11:35 AM PDT
    all kidding aside, dragon, there are many things in the world, not just in the sporting world that just don't add up, don't have to be cynical to see it, but have to take off the rose colored glasses that so many are way too comfortable with. throughout our history as a country, this has gone on semi behind the scenes, new wrappers on the same old 3 card monty
    • 413 posts
    July 11, 2010 11:39 AM PDT
    BlvdCruiser wrote...
    Dragon.... Have to agree with you especially on the salary part. These guys are making so much friggin money that the cost to get into a "Professional" game of any kind has become outrageous. Hell, just to take the family to a professional football game just about requires a second mortgage on the farm !!!!! I dont have a problem with people making GOOD money but some things have just gotten out of hand !!!

Yep, we got a double or triple AAA (double I think) baseball farm team here. Cost me at least a 100 every time I take the boys...Freakin ridiculous

• 413 posts
    July 11, 2010 1:22 PM PDT
    RexTheRoadDog wrote...
    That is funny Dude!! I know a few people like your granny.
    Kenny, I do agree with you somewhat. If there is large amounts of money to be made then I am at the very least cynical as to the validity of the results. Sadly this is in any endeavor, whether it be sports, sales, or the arts. Just listen to the so called "new (pop) country" music. A bunch of manufactured, all sounds the same, crap.

lol Mike; yea Bro; I think 80% of the state of Alabama agrees with Granny
    • 1161 posts
    July 11, 2010 1:47 PM PDT
    I agree I dont watch any pro-sports at all any more.  And as for college i was never really into it either but atleast they (arn't sopose to be payed or compensated for playing) but they are still trying to land the "Big Fish" contract with the pro-teams.  And as a 30+ man going to high schools or tech school games I feel like a Pervert (more so then normal). 
  • July 11, 2010 5:17 PM PDT

All I gots to say on the subject ? is.....What they said......

• 467 posts
    July 12, 2010 2:20 AM PDT
    Seakers--its not being a perv--its showing community spirit! I live in a very small town now and I have never seen such community and state spirit! Everyone in this town sports Wyoming Cowboys gear and all of our High School games are packed with people that don't have kids yet, or they are grown and gone and then there is US! We go cuz, like I said; this is a small town and there is not much for legal, sober entertainment! But the intense incentive is still there at High School, cuz they are all competing for scholorships, in college they are competing for the major contracts and then once they have them--it's over!
    • 5420 posts
    July 12, 2010 2:54 AM PDT
    Doesn't really matter all that much to me. yes I am a pretty big sports fan, well at least basketball, football, and a little baseball. But I watch it for entertainment more than anything. Except for cheering my team on in the finals, I usually don't care about the final score that much, I watch strictly to see good plays.
    • 467 posts
    July 12, 2010 7:21 AM PDT
    That's why I watch Hockey and Soccer. Constant motion, action and the opportunity for some non-sportsman like conduct!
  • July 12, 2010 2:05 PM PDT

I think it is interesting that the intitial quote is misstated - as that quote generally is. But the actual quote validates your opinion even more. It is actually a quote from the Bible "For the love of money is the root of all evil." 1 Timothy 6:10
    I am no biblical scholar but I've used that quote many times, and most of the time when I'm pissed off about movie ticket prices or the price to go see a game or a concert . One does have to question motivation when so much money is on the line. What would you do for $6 Million in one year? I'll never be tempted with that question and I guess I am relieved with that knowledge.

I agree, something is not right.

But, perhaps wrestling is legit though, out of respect for all grandmothers? (or at least they don't pretend it is really legit, so it is legit in its illigitimacy which makes it legit to the second level. So its all good).
     I couldn't help it.

• 1161 posts
    July 14, 2010 4:33 PM PDT
    cnciaco wrote...
    Seakers--its not being a perv--its showing community spirit! I live in a very small town now and I have never seen such community and state spirit! Everyone in this town sports Wyoming Cowboys gear and all of our High School games are packed with people that don't have kids yet, or they are grown and gone and then there is US! We go cuz, like I said; this is a small town and there is not much for legal, sober entertainment! But the intense incentive is still there at High School, cuz they are all competing for scholorships, in college they are competing for the major contracts and then once they have them--it's over!

There is 5 Elementry Schools, 3 Junior High schools, and 2 High Schools.  I just like watching people play because they enjoy it.  But if you don't have a certain pass to get in your sh*t  out of luck.  and to think I use to drive the children to school but to watch them play a game I'm dangerous.....