FBI Took My Baby

• July 1, 2010 7:46 AM PDT
    FBI Took My Baby!!
    First of all i like to take this time to thank each and everyone of you for voting on my bike and makin it the bike of the month cause theres a story that goes along with it....it means alot to me considering all the shit that i have been threw in the past 2 1/2 years. First off is it started back in Aug. of 07. 2 weeks after i have just worked my ass off to pay this bike off i get a phone call. it was a friend of mine that works for the kentucky state police that i have know for a long time. He asked me if there was any possible i could come home right then. the first thing that came to my mind was somrthing happened to my wife or son? all he said is that he needs me there right now!....oh shit!....so i hauled ass home and its a good thing im only 6 minutes from the plant i work in.....i show up...three FBI and a state police car sittin in my drive way.....i get out and started talk to my friend (state police man)...i asked him what the hells going on??? then he began to ask me if i owned a 1999 harley davidson heritage softail?...im like well hell yeah....why?....he then asked is it black and silver?...im like nope?.....cause he knew i probaly had painted the bike.....the FBI then asked if they can see it?....im like what for?.....they just wanted to see it...im like what the hell....so dumbass me takes the into my garage to show them the bike......three of the FBI agents swormed all over the bike like flys on a fresh pile of cow shit.so....then two of the agents ask to speak to me in there car.....im like hell no you talk to me right and what the hells going on here? the agents said its better we speak to you in the car...so we did...50 million questions later.....i finaly got a dam answer out of them....what had happened was the place i baught my bike at in which was a used car lot was stealing bikes all over the place and bringing them back here tearing them down and rebuilding them and selling them to honest hard working folks like me....i was then told they were going to collect about 85 bikes with in around the tri-state area in which were i live at and mine was one of them on the list of bikes that needed to be seezed......i raised three kinds of hell with them not to take it...hell i just paid the damn thing off!...any ways...they won and took it....and to beat it all i get info of my dad commin down with cancer. me and him are realy close...like peanutbutter and jelly....he could'nt believe they took  it......any ways i tried to go to the local news papers, news on the tv, not even the fukin lawyers....NONE of them would dare to even talk to us since the FBI was involved....and on top of that .....i end up loosing my best friend (my dad) to cancer of feb. of 08....i miss him so bad.....so any ways ....a week before it would be a full two years since they took my bike....i get a call from the state police saying i can pick up my bike in Avin, Ky   by god i jumped in my truck along with a trailer and hauled ass down there to get my baby.....i tell ya...when they took my baby...it was like they took one of my kids.....so need less to say when i got there i made them check the oil cause i wasnt touching it unless something goes wrong and they would have to pay for it to fix it.....i even had them to start it as well.....all was good and hearing start was like music to my ears......i almost wanted to cry right there.....but shes back home safe and sound and the picture that you voted on is right after i just got her back and cleaned up...but you know i had to ride her first......but that is the store that is behind the bike of the month.....THANK YOU SO much again for voting on it...you can tell how much it means to me to get this...............Thanx Again......TACO
    • 1516 posts
    July 1, 2010 8:07 AM PDT
    I LOVE IT>> every bike has a story and thanks so much for telling us yours..

I am sorry about your Dad Taco, I have lost mine too. Kinda makes it like your Dad is there with your bike somehow!

That is really a gorgeous bike!
  • July 1, 2010 8:22 AM PDT
    thanx deb...its been real hard on me losing him...i still catch my self calling over to his house thinking he's going to pick up the phone...
    • 413 posts
    July 1, 2010 10:07 AM PDT
    Cool story on the bike Brother. Lost my dad 38 years ago; still feels like it was yesterday.
  • July 1, 2010 10:49 AM PDT
    I voted for that bike, damn gorgeous bike for sure. Sorry about your Dad lost mine in 1999, hospital's fault. I miss him bad some days and can feel him with me others. Hugs! Ride Safe
    • 0 posts
    July 1, 2010 11:05 AM PDT
    It is a great looking bike. A well deserved win!
    • 568 posts
    July 1, 2010 11:12 AM PDT
    great story TACO, and very nice bike, alhough i don't remember voting for her *sorry*

sorry for yer dad's loss, i lost my mom last november and i still haven't realized it fully (denial & my own accident)
    • 212 posts
    July 1, 2010 12:59 PM PDT
    what a story, lost my Mom to cancer,she was my best friend also, It's been 18 yrs and it still feels like yesterday
  • July 1, 2010 1:41 PM PDT
    wow what a story I am sure I would of put up a fight and than been put in jail if it happened to me. Sorry about your dad. I wish I had that kind of relationship with my dad but we were never close.
    • 1066 posts
    July 1, 2010 4:04 PM PDT
    Taco, that is a cool bike for sure, but i voted for your S. G. man. And i am very sorry to hear you lost your Dad, being close and all.
    • 1161 posts
    July 1, 2010 5:30 PM PDT
    Great Back story on the bike!   As for your friend he may have kept you out of jail,  Because I know I would have gone to jail. 
    Altho I'm sorry for the loss of your father.
  • July 1, 2010 10:40 PM PDT
    thanx everyone for the kind words...and i as well am sorry for those who as well had losses.....to me this right here is what makes this site so F@*KIN AWSOME!! is how kind and caring everyone is...thank you so much for being yourself and a friend.
  • July 2, 2010 9:58 AM PDT
    Congratulations on getting your bike back, Taco! Glad that there was a happy ending to that story.
    So sorry for the loss of your Dad. Mine will be gone 30yrs this Labor Day. My Mom is gone 3 yrs now and it is still hard. I miss them both.
  • July 2, 2010 10:37 AM PDT
    Thanks so much for sharing the story Taco! Glad she's back safe and sound ~ and glad you're part of such a great family here at CF! My heart goes uot to you on the loss of your Dad. Is very hard ~ especially when you are close.
  • July 2, 2010 10:37 AM PDT
    Thanks so much for sharing the story Taco! Glad she's back safe and sound ~ and glad you're part of such a great family here at CF! My heart goes out to you on the loss of your Dad. Is very hard ~ especially when you are close.
  • July 31, 2010 4:44 PM PDT
    I know your hurt man -sorry bout yer dad and glad you got yer bike back.
    • 1780 posts
    August 1, 2010 1:18 AM PDT
    Wow TACO man that could be a movie of the week, but glad you got your girl back, and sorry about your dad. Damn life throws ya a curve ball just when your expecing a fast ball everytime.
    Dragon
  • August 2, 2010 4:31 AM PDT
    thanx    yeah i was glad to have her back home.....it was a bullshit deal but, im glad i was one out of the five that got theirs back......i have some buddies up here that are still paying on there bikes and dont even know if they are going to get there's back or not....
    • 1516 posts
    August 2, 2010 4:48 AM PDT
    I miss seeing your bike on the Home page.. that was a very nice bike..
  • August 2, 2010 4:56 AM PDT
    awwww thanx deb.....yeah me too....its awsome every morning when i sign in, i see my girl there on the front page.....i even copied the page before they took it off and have it hanggin up in here in my office
  • August 3, 2010 5:17 PM PDT
    That is definitely a sad story, especially about your Dad, as my dad and I were never close. But, this just keeps going over in my mind... why would the state of KY let you get tags on a bike that had a stolen VIN number?? Just Curious My Friend? Can't figure that out?
  • August 3, 2010 10:42 PM PDT
    Dan1961 wrote...
    That is definitely a sad story, especially about your Dad, as my dad and I were never close. But, this just keeps going over in my mind... why would the state of KY let you get tags on a bike that had a stolen VIN number?? Just Curious My Friend? Can't figure that out?

but the catch was...it was'nt stolen, and besides how can they take your bike if it has a clean title to it???....if it has been inspected by the clerks office and then all your info was sent to our capital of KY witch is frankfort....and it came back with a clean title......so realy the bike was clean to begin with, and it was mine

• August 7, 2010 11:40 AM PDT
    Wow, man that sucks, Condolences on your father passing. Sooo messed up the fed po po's took your ride. So wrong. But hey, you got it back. Enjoy the open road.