While riding experience will not always save you........!!!!!!

• 1780 posts
    June 26, 2010 12:42 PM PDT
    I'm sure some or maybe most of you have already heard about my crash while riding Extreme's bike last night. This pure and simple was a case of having my head planted securitly up my ass. Extreme was kind enought to let me ride his 113 cubic inch monster, and I repaided him by crashing it right in the KOA camp ground. In looking back it was a combiniation of an extremely fast / quick bike with a hair trigger throttle, and my inability to reconize that. As I approched the camp sight I decided to give it a quick crack of the throttle and let all the people in the camp ground enjoy the loud as hell pipes. From what we can tell after the fact is when I cracked the throttle the front wheel came off the ground, and came down with the front end turned to the left. I compounded the problem by clamping down on the front brake (the dragon only has a front brake which I'm used to). Even beginner riders know that 70% of a brike braking power comes from the front brake. At some point I was ejected from the bike, and the bike kept sliding. From the point shit happen to the point where the bike came to rest was 150 feet. Luckly the bike stayed on the right side and pretty much wiped out the right tank and exhaust and front brake level, and a turn signal. I ended up with several road rash impact points. I was very luck. I will say my pride, and the guilt of crashing a brothers bike will forever haunt me. Even after paying for the damage this guilt will hang over my head like a dark cloud.
    I will say everyone here reconized how I felt about the whole thing, and came to my aid both physically and mentally, and there is not a better person anywhere like Scott (Extreme) by making me feel better about what I did. If I saw someone crash the Dragon, I'm not really sure I would have been as cool as Scott.
    So I guess the message here is......keep your asses off other peoples bikes, and the frendship of the CF family is second to none.

I will be forever grateful for the friends I'm met in person on this meet and greet......The best bunch people in the world!!!

Once again thanks everyone for your support during this matter.

Broken Dragon
  • June 26, 2010 1:17 PM PDT
    Sh*t happens. I myself will never ride another persons bike and almost never drive some else cage. I have very bad luck and just know that if something could go wrong it will happen to me. My brother in law is the only other person that has ever ridden the woody and he refused to even give the bobber a try. I feel for you dragon dont be to hard on yourself.
  • June 26, 2010 1:18 PM PDT
    Dragon

I know you felt the love we all have for you and Deb....I have posted a picture of Buffy reading us your post. 

Love
    Your CF family
    • 910 posts
    June 26, 2010 1:18 PM PDT
    This weekend has bonded us in ways words can not express. Bonnie, Scott, Kenny, Debby, brothers and sisters... James said it best: in many ways we are closer to each other than our own families. Always and forever. Looking forward to Arkansas 2011!
  • June 26, 2010 1:19 PM PDT

• 66 posts
    June 26, 2010 2:00 PM PDT
    oooooooooppss
  • June 26, 2010 2:04 PM PDT
    as i am sorry for the damage to extremes bike, i am just glad i am not planting another brother. this tells me alot about the extreme, and about the night dragon, two finer people i have not met yet, but am looking forward to shaking their hands. you are welcome down here at the looney bin any time my brothers.
    • 352 posts
    June 26, 2010 2:36 PM PDT
    Both Extreme & Dragon were inspirational in the way they conducted themselves. It is a pleasure to know them both and I am proud to call them brothers. I would welcome the chance to ride with either anytime and anyplace.
    • 568 posts
    June 26, 2010 3:27 PM PDT
    aw, i'm sorry ta hear of the mishappen and yet glad ta hear the brotherhood is going strong...
    • 1516 posts
    June 26, 2010 3:57 PM PDT
    ahh,, don't call yourself broken dragon.. you are just a little bent that's all!! Glad everyone is ok.
  • g
    June 26, 2010 4:35 PM PDT
    SHIT.........................hope ur ok dragon ,sure the bike can fix up ,i know how u must be felling ,chin up dude .
  • June 26, 2010 5:42 PM PDT
    Dragon ~ I can only imagine how you are feeling... You are battered up a bit... in many ways, but it sounds like you have great support to put this all on the mend.

Extreme ~ You are amazing and you are a good fiend to Dragon. Only a very special man could fill your boots today.
  • g
    June 26, 2010 7:15 PM PDT
    it may take some time for u to get back on form dragon ,but like debra says ur not broken just a little bent .take it easy bro .
  • g
    June 26, 2010 7:21 PM PDT
    AdventureGirl wrote...
    This weekend has bonded us in ways words can not express. Bonnie, Scott, Kenny, Debby, brothers and sisters... James said it best: in many ways we are closer to each other than our own families. Always and forever. Looking forward to Arkansas 2011!

true words spoken ,by true friends ,u are a gid bunch ,looks like ure having a blast ,...DRAGON u can put this behind you and enjoy the rest of the trip ,YES it is a shame about the bike but im sure extreme is a real gid pal and he understands whats happend .... take it easy bro !!
  • g
    June 26, 2010 7:22 PM PDT
    A WILL SAY ...............i like this bro word u guys always use ...lol
  • June 27, 2010 4:40 AM PDT
    It's harder to repair pride than a bike.
    and by the sounds of it Extreme understood so it's time for you to understand as well.

Feel better soon
    • 601 posts
    June 27, 2010 7:27 AM PDT
    Been there done that dragon...know how you feel ! You walked away from a spill and thats good...the bike can be fixed, I'm sure Extreme is well pissed off but he as a biker can see himself in your shoes...old sayin here "bend it,mend it, and walk away whistleing"
  • June 27, 2010 8:26 AM PDT
    I figured I would chime in here on this subject. Yes, Dragon phucked up my sled. Yes I was upset about it. I had to take a long walk after we got him and my sled picked up. Still hurts. The bike will be taken care of. I kinda look at it this way. I don't use the word friend very often or lightly. I know a lot of people but that doesn't make them your friends. I would call Dragon my friend. Friends are a lot harder to come by than bikes. I would feel like hell if crashed another guy's sled. Should dragon? Yes, if he is the kind of man that cares about other people's shit. Which he is. Wounds are deepest on the first couple of day and it is no different with the Dragon's wounds and my sled's. He will heal and I will fix my baby. The one thing that did not get hurt or damaged was my friendship with Kenny. I don't want to hear the "shit happens" crap. IT DOES NOT. Also, please don't throw up some damn comments about how I'm a good guy for feeling this way about Kenny or he shouldn't feel bad. We are both MEN who are friends and if you have ever had a FRIEND, you understand. If not, I can't explain it to you. Now, I have to go because the CF gang still has one more evening of drinking and merriment. For all of you that could not come, I understand. Times are tough and it is hard to get off of work.

For all of you that just said "nah, not gonna go to that", you missed a great time with great food, and even better friendship, and in the great words of Al Pacino in "Scent of a Woman", "**** YOU TOO!!" haha
  • g
    June 27, 2010 9:07 AM PDT
    gid words ......................bro !!
  • g
    June 27, 2010 9:08 AM PDT
    true friends ,sure u both know where u stand after this .
  • June 27, 2010 9:38 AM PDT
    g wrote...
    true friends ,sure u both know where u stand after this .

And Extreme you said it very well, If you have a friend, and you are both good men, there is no need for many words. Hope you all are having a great time and I would have loved to come but finances are so tight I am squeeking. LOL! Have a drink for me! Hugs ! Ride Safe! May God bless your ride home.

• June 27, 2010 10:00 AM PDT
    Dragon ? first I heard of this and glad your ok....You and extreame are not only Real Bikers but your Real men and brothers in a sense of respect for each other...and yes...I NEVER ride another mans steel pony..the most I'll do with permission is sit on it to see how it feels
    RandyJoe...Ride Strong...
  • June 27, 2010 3:03 PM PDT
    I am toasting you both with a beer right now. Wish we were there!
    • 212 posts
    June 28, 2010 1:32 PM PDT
    Glad you are OK Dragon,and that Extremes bike can be mended.looking forward to next year,or something else closer this year
    • 413 posts
    June 28, 2010 1:59 PM PDT
    Ya had to been there...ya just had to ah been there to see all the good come out of a bad situation.