Looking for sound system for Dyna

• May 24, 2010 8:34 AM PDT
    I'm looking for a stereo system (MP3 & speakers, amp) for my Dyna Lowrider.  Tried using my earphones w/mp3 player but my pipes are too loud.  Any decent systems that won't break the bank?

RaceAngel
  • May 24, 2010 9:01 AM PDT
    Use your mp3 and buy a pair of Sure E2c headphones. Windproof. They stay in and seal great. About $100. Bonnie and I both have a pair. We love them.
    • 1780 posts
    May 24, 2010 9:55 AM PDT
    I don't want to be an old wet hen here, but remember tunes directly into your head via ear pieces, will not allow you to hear car's comming up on ya or emergency units. Yea I know I can hear ya now........hey pop's you ride your way and I'll ride my way way......hey that's cool.
    Dragon
    • 19043 posts
    May 24, 2010 10:36 AM PDT
    http://www.cyclefish.com/forum/The-Garage/Harley-Davidson/Handlebar-Speaker-System-for-RoadKing-1816-1.html />
    Here is a link to a forum on this about a year ago. There should be some info there for you.
  • May 24, 2010 10:38 AM PDT
    nightdragon wrote...
    I don't want to be an old wet hen here, but remember tunes directly into your head via ear pieces, will not allow you to hear car's comming up on ya or emergency units. Yea I know I can hear ya now........hey pop's you ride your way and I'll ride my way way......hey that's cool.
    Drago

Or you could end up like me.Totally deaf in right ear and 10% deaf in left ear bloody hard to hear anything....Thats no joke!!!!!!!!
  • May 24, 2010 11:31 AM PDT
    I can't hear shit coming up on me.Mine is way too damn loud.
  • May 25, 2010 12:20 AM PDT
    I prefer the sound of an engine myself......
    • 513 posts
    May 25, 2010 8:44 AM PDT
    Flatlander wrote...
    I prefer the sound of an engine myself......

Speaking for Dyna all I need is the beautiful sound of vance&hines

Really I have to agree ...............v-twin music!

• 1066 posts
    May 25, 2010 2:23 PM PDT
    I just listen to the sweet, sweet music, of the Screamin Eagle.
  • May 25, 2010 2:32 PM PDT
    i saw one hell of a system under the canopy of a hyabusa the other day, clean install and could be heard at speed, i know cause he passed me with it jammin! they are out there, can't help anymore than that sorry
  • g
    May 25, 2010 6:53 PM PDT
    ipod wjth head phones ,what i use .
  • May 28, 2010 1:42 PM PDT
    Tried listening ot my mp3 also. Ended up drowning out the pipes......had to pull the earphones off so I could listen to the v-twin music.
  • August 10, 2010 6:45 AM PDT
    I've been checking out the speaker/amplifier set up for motorcycles and have to make a choice between two systems. (that are reasonably priced) Either the Shark 250 watt with FM amplifier, 3.5" speakers or the Pyle 300 watt smplifier with 2.5" speakers. I have heard each of them on you tube and the Shark sounds like it would give out a healthier sound, (from what I can tell from the computer speakers....I know, I know) but the speakers with the Pyle are smaller and not so intrusive. I can only mount them on my handle bars and want to block as little veiwing as possible. Does anyone have any experience with either one of these systems?

I know the pipes are the best music, but I love listening to some good tunes while slow cruising on twistie turns. Right now I'm using an MP3 player that is definately not user friendly and blast my left ear (I keep the other open for surrounding sounds) Tunes are great, but I also like listening to the races on Sun. and am tired of asking my husband "Who's winning the race?" at every stop sign.

If anyone has a different system that is great sounding and reasonable let me know.

Thank you for your help, RaceAngel
    • 0 posts
    August 10, 2010 7:29 AM PDT
    RaceAngel wrote...
    I've been checking out the speaker/amplifier set up for motorcycles and have to make a choice between two systems. (that are reasonably priced) Either the Shark 250 watt with FM amplifier, 3.5" speakers or the Pyle 300 watt smplifier with 2.5" speakers. I have heard each of them on you tube and the Shark sounds like it would give out a healthier sound, (from what I can tell from the computer speakers....I know, I know) but the speakers with the Pyle are smaller and not so intrusive. I can only mount them on my handle bars and want to block as little veiwing as possible. Does anyone have any experience with either one of these systems?

I know the pipes are the best music, but I love listening to some good tunes while slow cruising on twistie turns. Right now I'm using an MP3 player that is definately not user friendly and blast my left ear (I keep the other open for surrounding sounds) Tunes are great, but I also like listening to the races on Sun. and am tired of asking my husband "Who's winning the race?" at every stop sign.

If anyone has a different system that is great sounding and reasonable let me know.

Thank you for your help, RaceAngel

I have the Pyle, but 600 watts. Better sound than the 300 watt. Speakers hold up well and are not too big
    plmca60 is the system and about $125 typical. I use my GPS as the head unit. It has about 16 hours of music in it.

• August 10, 2010 7:46 AM PDT
    Thank you for the info.  Does the amplifier pull a lot of juice from the battery? 
    • 0 posts
    August 10, 2010 7:53 AM PDT
    Not really, I have listened to it for 3 hours with the bike off and still started it.