Sales Calls on My Cell Phone

• 2 posts
    March 23, 2009 3:46 PM PDT

It's one thing to get those annoying calls at home and at work, but recently I started getting them on my cell phone and it is really pissing me off!!!

I don't give a whole lot of people my cell number. And most that do have it only call me if they really have something to say.  So when it rings I do my best to answer it, and aometimes that is not that easy to do.  Like the other day when I was loading groceries into the car and the cell rang. I stop what I am doing, go from the trunk to the front seat, dig in my pusrse and when I finally say hello I hear an automated message telling me I need to renew the warrantee on my car.  I actually waited to the end of the message and pressed 1 to talk to a representitive just to say a few choice words I had never used before in my life.  And to my amazement the representitive actually said "if this is a bad time I can call back later".  At that point I started making up new cuss words.

Ok, I feel better now...

• 39 posts
    March 23, 2009 5:37 PM PDT
    Making your own cuss words up, that's a whole different level of pissed off.

When I first got my cell, I kept getting bill collector calls for whoever had the number before me. As if I didn't have enough bill collectors of my own, I actually inherited someones bill collectors!
    • 5420 posts
    March 24, 2009 3:50 AM PDT

You need to send me a list of the words you made up so that I can include them in our blocked word list

You may want to register your cell number, as well as all your phone numbers, with the National Do Not Call Registy.  It really does work.  I takes about 30 to 90 days for them to circulate the new lists to all reputable calling agencies, and you have to re-do it every year.  It will cut out the majority of calls, but some not so reputable calling agencies just ignor the list.

• 1161 posts
    January 3, 2010 7:33 PM PST
    Agreed i did it with mine only got 1 since (After 6 months) then told them in on the Do Not Call List and told them if i hear back from them they will be reported because i dont care what they have to sell or have to "offer" to me. If I had I would have gotten their number then I can contact them. And I hung up while they were trying to appoligize.
  • January 3, 2010 8:23 PM PST
    You DAM RIGHT,i hate sales call on my cell phone, i hate cell phones.i have a 800 number you can call to stop those sales call, i'll get it and post it.
    • 844 posts
    May 31, 2012 5:36 AM PDT
    I have been getting more and more of these. Just registered my number on the Do Not Call Registry!
    • 2 posts
    May 31, 2012 12:24 PM PDT
    Lucky wrote...

.   .   .   .

You may want to register your cell number, as well as all your phone numbers, with the National Do Not Call Registy.  It really does work.  I takes about 30 to 90 days for them to circulate the new lists to all reputable calling agencies, and you have to re-do it every year.  It will cut out the majority of calls, but some not so reputable calling agencies just ignor the list.

Good start, but then, after you are registered report any calls to them. - The whole thing is automated & takes only 2-3 minutes
    • 0 posts
    May 31, 2012 2:46 PM PDT
    I am on the Do Not Call List and once in a while I will get a soliciting call. I no longer give them a warning, I just report them, they know where they get their lists from! There is also a "reject" button on my phone,lol.
  • May 31, 2012 11:00 PM PDT
    I get those calls when I signed up to win something, but you just tell them to never call again and they seem to accept that luckily.
    • 5420 posts
    January 20, 2013 4:58 AM PST
    I have actually heard that people get text messages with ads in them. NEVER , EVER do one of those text "this or that" to this number to win a prize thing. If you read the fine print on the contest you are giving them permission to send you promotional text.
    • 1 posts
    January 21, 2013 12:34 AM PST
    Benthur wrote...
    I get those calls when I signed up to win something, but you just tell them to never call again and they seem to accept that luckily.

Have one better giv'em Lucky's number

• 19034 posts
    January 21, 2013 3:04 AM PST

• 5420 posts
    January 21, 2013 3:09 AM PST
    Hey now!
    • 1364 posts
    January 21, 2013 3:31 AM PST
    When I get those calls, I don't care, Man or woman on the other end. I just politely ask them what color panties they are wearing. They always hung up after that
  • January 21, 2013 4:03 AM PST
    I kept getting calls for life insurance. The Last call the guy apparently did not know I was single because he kept repeating it’s for the wellbeing of your wife and kids. In the event I die.
    So I told him all she [ my nonexistent wife ] needed was enough money for a new dress and a drink at the Holiday Inn bar. Some guy would buy the drinks and she’s not bad looking and can rope in a new paycheck with out any problems, And I see no need to give the next guy a paid for house , pickup and boat as for the kids they need to learn to work any way.
    He continued with his sales pitch with out a hitch, until I asked him if he had life insurance. He did, and then I asked what his wife looked like and what kind of truck he owned. The phone was silent for a while before he hung up.
    Never received a call from them again. From then on I enjoy receiving sales calls; I look at it as a whole new avenue of un suspecting people to harass. A new format each time.
    • 5420 posts
    January 21, 2013 5:51 AM PST
    I saw this posted somewhere. I have been just waiting for a carpet cleaning company to call me...

Sales Guy: Hello I am calling to let you know about a special we are running in your area. We will clean the carpet in three rooms for only $49.95

Homeowner: Perfect timing! Can you guys remove blood stains from carpet?

Sales Guy: Yes, our technology can remove almost any stain

Homeowner: We're talking lots of blood here

Sales Guy: Should be no problem

Homeowner: Can you also remove blood from the couch and curtains?

Sales Guy: Well sure I guess so.

Homeowner: Your guy that comes out will not tell anyone what he saw in my house, will he?

Sales Guy: Let me get my supervisor for you.