How we become Close

• 513 posts
    April 5, 2010 1:32 AM PDT
    I was talking to Nightdragon about this because my future brother in law was scoffing at the idea that you can develop real good friendship with people you hardly know over the net.

I came onto this site just after I had broken my ankle and had nothing better to do other then talk on the net. Lucky pointed me here through facebook and I met some of the finest people I have ever had the pleasure of chatting with.

I have not always agreed with what I have seen written but I try not to put people down as the world is a big and varied place except when it comes to what I see as my/our way of life being threatened, then I do speak out. As highrisk said there are no big egos etc here and people do not flame each other and if they do they don't last long.

On some of the other sites I occasionally visit I see posts go up that are designed to annoy the other person just for the hell of it and that annoys me especially when there is a really good discussion going. Luckily here everybody seems to want to be here and wants to chat because mostly I think there is an interest and curiosity about bikers elsewhere and what makes us tick.

There are some here that I have got close too and more I would love to talk to more but not being injured anymore means reality gets in the way.
    I hope the site continues the direction it is going because I love hanging out here and hopefully over the next few years I hope to get to meet a few of you over here or over there, share a few too many beers or just a meal and a chat.

So It has been real nice getting to know some of you and I look forward to getting to know more of you over time.

Be good!

• 5420 posts
    April 5, 2010 2:05 AM PDT
    Wow, what a great family to be a part of. You know I am just as honored to be a part of this family as each and every one of you. In addition to the fun I have creating and improving the site, remember for a good part of the time I am a participating member just like you guys.

I too have made some absolutely wonderful friends here, that I know are friends for life. Several have come down and visited, staying with us from a day, to a few days, others we have visited at their homes, and many we have met out on the road, or at events. I am so looking forward to the upcoming Meet & Greets and this rally season where I can finally shake hands and hug so many more of my new friends.

And you know this camaraderie here actually makes this site easier and easier to manage every day. Like Dyna stated above, there are just too many sites out there where people post only when the have something that will get everyone all wound up. Those who have been around for a while know that the forums here on CycleFish were going that way for a while,  I stepped in and made it very clear that my goal for this site was for people to make friends, have a good time, and everyone could feel comfortable. I think it kind of caught on, now just about everyone is here to have a good time with GREAT people, and the annoying people and posts just seem to get ignored, and the people either get the idea to be friendly, or just drift away.

I love you guys...All of YOU!!!
  • April 5, 2010 3:29 AM PDT
    Dyna wrote...
    I was talking to Nightdragon about this because my future brother in law was scoffing at the idea that you can develop real good friendship with people you hardly know over the net.

There are some people I've mentioned this site to that look at me funny when I say there are some genuinely good people on her to meet. They cannot accept the thought of "meeting" someone on the internet as being more than a generic form of inconsequential banter.  Probably a result of all the negative press the predators have caused by their exploitation.

BUT, if anyone has reservations about the friendships you started on here, keep the faith.  While there are those who may misrepresent themselves, it is not at all disfunctional to meet and develop friendships on here. Especially with the atmosphere Lucky has fostered and all on here engrain everyday.  My wife and I are proof. We met online 8 years ago. Have weathered 4 kids, a lost business, and many other tribulations a fake relationship would never outlast.

You could count your true friends on one full hand, if you were lucky, before. Now, with the internet, you have much more opportunity to increase that stat by meeting people you never would have met because of geographic limitations and timing offsets. Couple that with the superior environment of Cyclefish and that "thread of commonality" Badinfluence spoke of.......and here we are.

• April 5, 2010 3:39 AM PDT
    I was new here and did not know what to expect. This site is truly fantastic and I feel I have become part of something truly rich! The friends that I have made are great folks and truly do care about things going on in your life. Thank you my Brothers and Sisters!! When I am down I get on CF and you make me smile! Wish I could get to the meet and greet. I will make a point to meet you all soon!
  • April 5, 2010 11:33 AM PDT
    Dragon, I`m enjoying Cyclefish, still learning my way around. I find your post very encouraging, you`ve given new meaning to " Dragon Heart."
    • 1780 posts
    April 5, 2010 12:20 PM PDT
    Sweet40somn wrote...
    Dragon, I`m enjoying Cyclefish, still learning my way around. I find your post very encouraging, you`ve given new meaning to " Dragon Heart."

Thank you, appreciate the kind words.......this site is trully a gift to all that join in, and participat in the post. Man if I ran into someone on CF I would act just like a little kid. I just know I would.
    Dragon
    • 212 posts
    April 5, 2010 12:46 PM PDT
    AWE you guys give me warm fuzzy feelings! LOL This is a great site, can't wait for the meet and greet.Come on June! (( :