Calfornia Highway Patrol Pushing Motorcycle Awareness

• 5420 posts
    February 18, 2010 1:51 AM PST
    Driving my son to the race track earlier this week we passed this sign on the 405 Freeway in Irvine. Up the road a bit in Fountain Valley, we see another one.  When I got home I did a little checking to see what was up with this.  I found out that the California Highway Patrol has started a campaign to make motorists more aware of motorcycles. The message, ‘Share the road, look twice for motorcyclists’, is now being shown on over 700 signs across the state, and will continue to be shown when the signs do not have emergency messages to be posted.

Of course its not the ultimate solution, but its nice to see them doing something to help get the "Be Aware of Motorcycles" message out.

• 19040 posts
    February 18, 2010 1:54 AM PST
    Yeah, that is good to see. Those signs do get attention, that is if the cage drivers aren't yakin on the phone, puttin on makeup, stuffin their face, or what ever else they do.
  • February 18, 2010 1:59 AM PST
    Maybe they are trying to protect their own also. Past two summer rides saw State Motor Patrol on interstates in Illinois and Indiana with reports of Wisconsin also      
    • 2072 posts
    February 18, 2010 2:01 AM PST
    CHP & CalTrans are taking credit for these signs but it is ABATE who worked very hard to get them in place !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • 126 posts
    February 18, 2010 3:07 AM PST
    I wish that they would do that up here in Washington.
    • 5420 posts
    February 18, 2010 3:09 AM PST
    volcanrider wrote...
    I wish that they would do that up here in Washington.

Well, I'm sure they just need someone to take up the cause and push the issue...

• February 18, 2010 3:49 AM PST
    That's great! And good point above Lucky. I'm going to bring this up with ABATE and see if we can get some something like this going here in UT.