I had a thought, (uh oh)

• February 17, 2010 11:49 PM PST
    I went by Southern Comfort starting in the 60's with my first white faced Johnson that had channels a,b,c,d,e, removable crystals. The name kinda stuck.......
    • 2 posts
    February 18, 2010 1:07 AM PST
    This is a good thread - Is learning Morse Code still a requirement for a ham license?

Tried to lean it in Boy Scouts & shop class back in H.S. - never got past the vowels - successfully managed to avoid learning it in the Navy for fear of ending up in a rubber covered room - only test I ever failed on purpose - tried again in a H.S. extension class - failed again
  • February 18, 2010 5:38 PM PST
    Learned Morse in the Navy and ended up in-country in the boonies listening to the NVN. Can still recognize it when it's used. Sorta funny listening to what's actually sent and received in older movies.
  • February 18, 2010 8:50 PM PST
    99Savage wrote...
    This is a good thread - Is learning Morse Code still a requirement for a ham license?

Tried to lean it in Boy Scouts & shop class back in H.S. - never got past the vowels - successfully managed to avoid learning it in the Navy for fear of ending up in a rubber covered room - only test I ever failed on purpose - tried again in a H.S. extension class - failed again

The license system has been changed since I got mine, there's several levels... Five word per minute Morse Code was a requirement for the "Tech Plus" license when I got mine, that allowed me to use the frequencys some advanced CB radios have, 10 meter.