How's Your Local Motorcycle Dealer

• February 11, 2011 11:01 AM PST
    Grand Rapids Harley-Davidson, formerly Wild Boar, well they suck! Dropped my buddy's Softail off the rack during a service and tried to pass off the damage as preexisting, he got satisfaction but not until he went to the owner and 3 days in the shop. Another guy I worked with had his 5000 mile service done on his new Road King and woke up the next day with a quart of oil on his garage floor because of a loose oil filter. These things to me are unacceptable and I'll happily do my own service as I know it's done right.
  • February 11, 2011 6:48 PM PST
    Well I have to add 1 ½ cents, in in my town our Honda weaker dealer, you can walk in and it’s like walking in a unsociable club, there’s the bikes there’s the parts here’s the price WHAT don’t like the price ooh well another sucker will walk through the door within the hour and treat us like royalty and we will take their money. Down the road 2 miles the HD dealer friendly smiles coffee pot going all the time they are having something cooking almost every weekend community rides twice a month family atmosphere I have not walked though that place without most of the staff greeting you and talking to you not like salesmen, like Hey glad to see you today would like some coffee are a soda, something to eat would like to us to walk around with you, are do you want to browse around and if you need use just wave your hand we well be right over. GO FIGER!!
  • February 12, 2011 1:40 AM PST
    Sad day and happy day..My good neighbor, friend and Suzuki dealer in Wisconsin is now retired and the dealership is now closed. Opened the place 38 years ago and has been the top dealer in Wisconsin, Minnesota and Dekotas for last 5+ years. They are still good friends by long distance.