Finally we can pull the Toy Hauler

• December 13, 2016 6:29 PM PST

Well I knew when we bought the Toy Hauler my Dodge Ram 1/2 ton would not pull it that well in the Mountains, so we have been looking for a suitable puller, and today we found it.

Found a 2014 Dodge 2500 (3/4 ton) with only 6,700 miles on it with the 6.4 liter motor in it. This Hemi has a bit more torque than the 5.7 in my 1/2 ton. 

Now just need some nice days to hook up and hit the road.

Ride Safe

Night Dragon

• December 13, 2016 6:52 PM PST

!!!Longhorn Edition!!!!  Nice!!   Safe travels with it and the new Toyhauler - The good thing about it is you can find where the weather is good and just go there.....no need to wait - - -

• 19043 posts
    December 14, 2016 5:24 AM PST

Nice

• 1855 posts
    December 14, 2016 6:13 AM PST

Very nice, very very nice.

• 58 posts
    December 14, 2016 10:19 AM PST

ver' nice!

• 467 posts
    December 14, 2016 12:18 PM PST

Yay! See you on the road!

• 16831 posts
    December 15, 2016 10:56 AM PST

Cool truck!

• December 15, 2016 4:52 PM PST

Buying this Truck would be like a 1 year old buying a computer. Damn everything on the thing is electronic with a touch screen that controles darn near everything. I was reading the owners manual earler and .........what ever happen to knobs and buttons. The thing is telling me the left rear tire is a bit low........what ever happen to "Filler er up, wash the windshield, and check the tires. This thing set's so high up I had to make a stool just to wipe off the windshield. Getting up into the bed takes all I have to jump that high. Hey and ya don't even need a key to start the truck...all ya need is a Joe Bob or something like that. Now I don't have this huge key that always stuck me in the balls when I put it in my pocket.

Well toto I don't think we are in Kansas any more.

Be safe

Night Dragon  t

This post was edited by Deleted Member at December 15, 2016 4:56 PM PST
    • 5420 posts
    December 16, 2016 4:10 AM PST

Very nice truck!!!  I know what you mean about all the new bells and whistles.  Even Laura's little Sentra has more compuing power than the IBM main frames did when I first got into computers. I really do like the keyless feature though.

Enjoy your travels!

• 57 posts
    December 16, 2016 5:07 AM PST

NightDragon, Looks like you have found a couple good rigs to start your adventures.It is true that we have seen a lot of advancements in  technology in our lives some good some not so good but can you imagine when that Rig starts driving its self, Hey sit back and have a refreshment and enjoy the ride. LoL

Take a Deep Breath- Relax and Enjoy The Ride 

• 467 posts
    December 18, 2016 11:06 AM PST

Haha! Climbing into the bed of the truck was the reason we put a flat bed on! And a "man step" that flips out of the front wheel well for the step up to the windshield.

• 3006 posts
    December 22, 2016 4:42 PM PST

That is one sweet ride you scored. Dodge builds solid trucks.My old 97 Dakota xcab was always dependable and parts were always easy to get.The new fangled stuff they have on almost all the auto's now days seem like overkill. Yet some of the new stuff is handy,even if I dont like the computer screens.

Have a great holiday season & enjoy the new ride !