Day ride, Snakes an scared Girlfriend !

• March 6, 2016 1:01 PM PST
    SO me an my girlfriend were out on the bike Sunday bout mid morning cruising the backroads around our hometown, WE were way off the beatin path when we saw a white van backed up to this very old but pretty church. then we noticed this busted cerate I pulled into the parking lot when I noticed all these old gents running about with sacks. upon shutting off our ride we jumped into action asking if we help turns out this old feller told us that this was test of Faith Sunday an that they had dropped a cerate of SNAKES mostly Copperheads an were a might pissed off an were crawling off in all directions saying all this while handing my girlfriend a empty sack to which she quickly handed back to the old guy an calmly  said BULL Shit on that Chaser you best get my Ass out of here NOW to which I happily agreed to do TODAY give new meaning to Praise the Lord it was Praise the Lord an while your at it pass me one of those Copperheads !
  • March 6, 2016 4:47 PM PST
    Is there a question in there or you just sharing with us a story about your day? I would say they were robbing the place.
    • 57 posts
    March 6, 2016 8:23 PM PST
    Damn Chaser I hate snakes,now I'm going to be looking behind me all day,just gives me the willies thinking about it.
    • 467 posts
    March 7, 2016 12:32 AM PST
    Ha! My "test of faith" that day would have been me not killing those men for being so stupid!!
    • 10 posts
    March 7, 2016 12:53 AM PST
    Good reason for wearing boots when you ride.
    Some of those old guys in the south get paid good money for milking the venom from snakes.
  • March 7, 2016 8:22 AM PST
    it was a good a old fashioned Snake handling Holiness CHURCH not many left but still around
    • 1855 posts
    March 7, 2016 12:15 PM PST
    Being originally a W. Virginia boy, born in the holler outside of Logan, I know all about that sheite. Sort of raised as a holy roller Pentecost. Scared me half to death as a little boy. When we moved out of the hills Mom settled for being a Methodist. LOL
    • 3006 posts
    March 9, 2016 3:29 PM PST
    That is pretty crazy, cant see the sense in worshiping like that, yet each to his own. I guess you have to respect a fella crazy enough to grab a snake that could put them 6ft under. If that constitutes faith is another topic. Pretty sure they didn't mean any harm offering her the sack, tho to her credit she had the sense not to try grabbing one.

Probably the last time you pull up to that particular church, no matter what!
  • March 10, 2016 1:41 PM PST

yes I will just keep rollin on by from now on
    • 16795 posts
    March 14, 2016 5:20 AM PDT
    We have some "snake people" around here.
    We were visiting family down state and brought home a poke of baby eastern diamond backs for them, it was like the biggest present they ever got. :-)
    • 1855 posts
    March 14, 2016 7:44 AM PDT
    Geeesh. A poke of rattlers. Whodathunkit
    • 4 posts
    April 15, 2016 12:43 PM PDT
    Soooo, gotta ask...IF you see a rattler on the road when cruising on yer bike...do you Avoid it OR run the damn thing over????
    Inquiring Northern Boys wanna know.
    • 4 posts
    April 15, 2016 12:43 PM PDT
    Soooo, gotta ask...IF you see a rattler on the road when cruising on yer bike...do you Avoid it OR run the damn thing over????
    Inquiring Northern Boys wanna know.
  • April 15, 2016 5:34 PM PDT
    aim for the head an gas it lol no I try to avoid them
    • 84 posts
    April 15, 2016 8:10 PM PDT
    Never try to hit a snake or turtle. In a previous life I was deep into herpatology. I'll even pull out of line to move turtles off the road.