just saying Merry Christmas to all y'all

• December 15, 2015 10:40 AM PST
    Yeah I know its all about the Kids mostly but I look forward to the FOOD every year an OUR
    Backwoods BON FIRE SO I hope y'all get what you want an eat way to much 
                               MERRY CHRISTMAS !
    • 5420 posts
    December 15, 2015 10:45 AM PST
    Yeah, Kids, Family and FOOD! We have a tradition of ravioli with sausage and meatballs!

Merry Christmas to you too!
  • December 15, 2015 12:37 PM PST
    Food and Family!!
    • 3006 posts
    December 15, 2015 3:13 PM PST
    Sounds like a great way to have it.
    Have a very Merry Christmas !!!

• 19040 posts
    December 15, 2015 8:31 PM PST
     Christmas Day plans not set just yet other than hangin down here in SW Texas. Will miss the famikly and friends from PA but not the cold and congestion...Hoping to go fro a ride...
    • 57 posts
    December 15, 2015 10:16 PM PST
    Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas
    • 1 posts
    December 15, 2015 10:32 PM PST
    Merry Christams to all and to all a better year.
    As their are no little kids in the family so Santa is not really a thing right now, we usually have a meal.

I use to do a Christmas party I called it Bloody Merry Christmas. No presents but an open bar. And friends would show up after their Christmas with family and we would drink and laugh and play poker or what ever. I really need to start doing that again.

• 1855 posts
    December 16, 2015 12:30 AM PST
    Lucky wrote...
    Yeah, Kids, Family and FOOD! We have a tradition of ravioli with sausage and meatballs!

Merry Christmas to you too!

Merry Christmas everyone.   Sounds like a great traditional meal to me lucky.  Italian is our tradition as well.  Ya got a special recipe?  No family here in Alabama but my son and his wife plan on coming down to check out our new place. 

Peace

• 5420 posts
    December 16, 2015 1:47 AM PST
    Not really a recipe anymore. My grandfather was an Italian butcher in Brooklyn so when he was alive everything was done by hand. Even after he retired he at least kept the meat grinder & sausage stuffer in the basement, so the meat balls and sausage were fresh and ravioli was hand made.

Now we used store bought sausage and ravioli - nothing but Celentano brand ravioli. The meatballs are still made from grandpa's recipe.
  • December 16, 2015 5:27 AM PST
    I'M doing sausage balls out of wild boar that I shot while deer hunting recently an a friend brought me sum elk meat from his hunting trip MOM got the rest
    • 16831 posts
    December 16, 2015 3:00 PM PST
    Merry Christmas!
    Our niece on my wife's side married an Italian kid from Pittsburgh, I don't feel so out numbered at Christmas these days. :-) They had a son six months ago today so next year will be more fun watching him rip presents open.
    I threatened the niece that I'd build him a go-cart, too little she said but her husband said yes that's a good idea, yea for him. :-)
    • 19040 posts
    December 16, 2015 9:05 PM PST
    Lucky wrote...
    Not really a recipe anymore. My grandfather was an Italian butcher in Brooklyn so when he was alive everything was done by hand. Even after he retired he at least kept the meat grinder & sausage stuffer in the basement, so the meat balls and sausage were fresh and ravioli was hand made.

Now we used store bought sausage and ravioli - nothing but Celentano brand ravioli. The meatballs are still made from grandpa's recipe.

WOW, that brings back some sweet culinary memories...VERY large Italian neighborhood in South Philly and I so much remember all the tasts and smells. I do miss that part of the NE. MMmmm jonesin for a cheese steak now...

• December 18, 2015 1:31 AM PST
    From the Smokey Mountains of East Tennessee wishing everyone a Merry and a Very Safe Christmas.

Pray for our Nation
    Night Dragon