sick of windows 10

• 1855 posts
    November 21, 2015 5:23 AM PST
    Seems that I have pictures in so many places that I have a difficult time finding those I download from my camera.  I have set up my picture folders as follows: Libraries, Pictures, All Pictures, and then individual folders for things like family, outdoors, vehicles, and so on.

When I open my camera to view the pics and choose those I wish to download they could end up going anywhere other than where I want them go; i.e., C:pictures.  Instead they may go to "onedrive", "this pc", "network" "users", etc.    I will download a nature pic to a specific place and it will end up in "onedrive".  I don't want my downloads going to "onedrive". 

I simply don't know what to do.  I was pretty good at managing things before 10 came along.
    • 19037 posts
    November 22, 2015 12:02 AM PST
    You mean Windoze???
    • 10 posts
    November 22, 2015 1:01 AM PST
    Go back to windows 7
    • 5420 posts
    November 22, 2015 10:04 PM PST
    I know exactly what you mean. They are trying to make things more simple by having pics and stuff go to a common folder and that may be great if you started that way (my kids all seem to like it) but for those of us that are used to sorting and organizing things our OWN way, they have made that near impossible to continue to do.

I'm still on Windows 7 and staying there as long as I can.
    • 1855 posts
    November 23, 2015 1:14 AM PST
    I messed up and cannot go back to windows 7 without losing everything. I'm pretty sure my backup didn't work.
    • 57 posts
    November 23, 2015 8:08 AM PST
    Has anyone seen my iCloud i think it blew away
  • November 24, 2015 9:35 AM PST
    bought a new system one of these wireless jobs it came loaded with 8.1 free upgrade to 10 think I'LL stay away from the upgrade button for now
    • 10 posts
    November 30, 2015 11:48 PM PST
    Would it work if you restored your computer to a previous date when you had windows 7? I have done that with quickbooks when the update messed everything up.
    • 1855 posts
    December 1, 2015 1:56 AM PST
    panheadgeorge wrote...
    Would it work if you restored your computer to a previous date when you had windows 7? I have done that with quickbooks when the update messed everything up.

Unfortunately not.  When I downloaded Windows 10 something happened and nothing from Windows 7 saved.  Either that or it's someplace where 10 decided to put it.

• 5420 posts
    December 1, 2015 2:30 AM PST
    Sunchaser74 wrote...
    bought a new system one of these wireless jobs it came loaded with 8.1 free upgrade to 10 think I'LL stay away from the upgrade button for now

Not a fan of Windows 10, but 8 was even worse.  If I had a choice between only 8 & 10 I would go with 10

• 1161 posts
    December 4, 2015 9:25 AM PST
    I found that if I click and drag them over to where I want the pictures to go it takes some time saving them as apposed to downloading them but they go where I want them.
  • December 4, 2015 2:28 PM PST
    They tried to make Win10 look like your phone O.S. but it's not practical for a PC that you actually have to do work on and not just store pictures and music on. I'm resisting the upgrade till I have no choice.
    • 4 posts
    December 29, 2015 1:35 AM PST
    Ahhhhh
    I suspected it was an issue with that upgrade. I had the infamous XP, windows graciously took it away, replaced it with '7' then replaced that with 10....
    Now I will admit that I are an idjit in the cyber realm, but all my pics are FUBAR....Neither me nor my laptop have been able to resolve it yet....i guess i should try the click n drag technique-(thanx btw...i had nothing till that sugg).
  • December 30, 2015 12:49 AM PST
    I hate to sound like the Old Fart that I am, but I'm a firm believer in "KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID"!!
    • 9 posts
    January 28, 2016 3:04 PM PST
    WINDOWS 10 was the death of my HP laptop, which was only four years old.
    It ate it up, one bit at a time.

Best advice?

Unless you own the most current laptop or desktop...
    DON'T BE A BETA TESTER.

Cause that's all you'll be.
    The BUGS, outweigh the "supposed" BENEFITS...TRUST ME.

Ride Free
    Tweek