What is your favorite "DAY RIDE'' the one you nev

• November 4, 2015 11:03 AM PST

FOR me its the PICK WICK DAM area of Counces TN 124 miles of Backroads from me to there
    Once there plenty more good roads to ride just pick one then stop in at one of the local dives for good eats
    an cold treats hang around till dark then party with the BOATERS coming in off the river for the day GOOD TIMES

• 3 posts
    November 4, 2015 12:12 PM PST
    a lot of different rides around here to choose from. one I like a lot is across black mt. highest point in ky, just rode it again yesterday. about 100 mile round trip.
    • 19007 posts
    November 5, 2015 12:27 AM PST
    Texas FM170 from Terlingua to Presidio. Follows the Rio Grande for 68 miles. Runs through Canyon, Mountain Valley, and Desert. Lots of twisties and roller coaster hills. Often rated the Best Ride in Texas by many publications. And I live on the Terlingua end of it.
    • 3006 posts
    November 5, 2015 10:22 AM PST
    Mine would have to be hitting the coast.Usually take back roads to the crossroads with Hwy 84,and Alice's Restaurant which is a great place to eat.From there I head down to the coast on 84 which has a lot of twisty's, great scenery and some interesting stops along the way. Depending on the season I either head north or south on Hwy 1 to hit any number of beaches.
    It is about 170 miles round trip yet well worth it when I have the chance to hit it.
    • 467 posts
    November 6, 2015 7:39 AM PST
    From my house to Cheyenne Crossing, through Spearfish Canyon, down the frontage to 111, over to Aladdin to Devil's Tower, Sundance and 585 to home. There are many in every direction from my house, but this is my fav.
    • 79 posts
    November 6, 2015 2:15 PM PST
    Down thru Wayne National Forest to Athens
    • 34 posts
    November 8, 2015 6:58 AM PST
    Anywhere there's a road. 
    • 4 posts
    December 28, 2015 7:59 AM PST
    Wisconsin
    Most of the Northwoods but one that always is GREAT is Hwy 55 North from near Shawano up thru Crandon then up to Hwy 70 East to Eagle River....with a couple of lil side roads for variants-example is to leave Hwy 55 when Hwy 32 breaks off & follow that up thru Hiles to Three Lakes.
    I have ridden many roads in my time-thats def the ride that comes to mind immediately when I ponder good cruising.
    JMHO YMMV
  • January 19, 2016 3:47 AM PST
    Many to pick from near here, thankfully. Particular faves:

1) Up through Perry County, PA on Valley road. Up Rte 15 from Camp Hill, out 850/233 to Newville, back in 944 to home. My favorite short (I only have an hour or two to spare) ride.

2) Up 22/322 from Harrisburg into Northern Dauphin County. 225 up to Halifax, Elizabethville, Trevorton. Back down 125 & 25 to Elizabethville. Out 209 to Tower City, back in 325 to Dauphin and down 22/322 to home. Great route to spend a solid half-day+ riding with very little other traffic.

3) PA Rte. 233 through Michaux State Forest
    • 2 posts
    January 19, 2016 4:39 AM PST

Live in the southern part of the Finger Lakes area of New York. Just about any ride makes a pretty good day trip but the last ride of the season down to Middleburg, PA was especially good.
    NY17/I86→427 to Sayre→220 past Beech Glen, Glen Mawyer, Picture Rocks →PA405 past Muncy, Montgomery, . . . →PA147 → 61 → US 15 (which sux)
    The ride mostly traced along rivers and creeks and was a terrific ride, the day was very hot but the whole ride was shaded

Came home vis US 15 & 14, but then the traffic on 15 was tolerable and the sun was mostly down

There is a motorcycle campground near Shamokin Dam