BEST RIDE SONGS GOIN THRU YOUR HEAD WHILE RIDIN..

• 1040 posts
    January 28, 2010 11:36 PM PST
    nightdragon wrote...

Yep...That one's a classic ass kickin riden song
    • 513 posts
    January 28, 2010 11:55 PM PST
    Outside of the great tracks already mentioned,

I like

Saliva - Survival of the sickest

Pink Floyd - Comfortably Numb

and

Jimi Hendrix - Freedom
  • g
    January 29, 2010 12:07 AM PST
    biffyclyro or kings of leon .
    • 19040 posts
    January 29, 2010 12:15 AM PST
    For long sweeping turns I have scraped floor boards more than a few time to BAD COMPANY - BAD COMPANY
    • 513 posts
    January 29, 2010 12:18 AM PST
    RexTheRoadDog wrote...
    For long sweeping turns I have scraped floor boards more than a few time to BAD COMPANY - BAD COMPANY

Also for them is Jimi Hendrix - Born under a bad sign....my favorite blues track of all time!

• January 29, 2010 5:20 AM PST
    Takin' Care of Business by BTO. Don't know why but I always wind up singing that at some point when riding.
    • 19040 posts
    January 29, 2010 6:47 AM PST
    FireFox wrote...
    Takin' Care of Business by BTO. Don't know why but I always wind up singing that at some point when riding.

FireFox, That is a great one I missed. I will put it on my MP3 player.

• 4 posts
    January 29, 2010 7:06 AM PST
    Some great songs listed so far.

On my mp3:
    Highway Song - Blackfoot
    Schools out - Alice Cooper
    Bad Reputation - Joan Jett
    Bad Company - Bad Company
    Iron Maiden - Running Free
    Ted Nugent - Great White Buffalo & Stranglehold
    Ozzy Osbourne - Crazy Train, Over the Mountain, & Flying High Again
    Eric Johnson - Cliff of Dover
    • 1780 posts
    January 29, 2010 7:18 AM PST
    FireFox wrote...

Fire Fox got to say you have one cool profile picture.....Bad Ass all the way!!!!
    Dragon
    • 601 posts
    January 29, 2010 7:35 AM PST
    I listen to all kinds of rock/blues on me bike....but when i'm riding in the U.S one song i always have on my mp3 is Willie Nelson...Train they call the City of New Orleans, it just seems to fit long American roads. I once went thru death valley and i swear i repeated that tune 20 times....to me its like an American Anthem.
  • January 29, 2010 7:45 AM PST
    Gotta keep a runnin by The Godz
    Get on your bad motor scooter and ride by Montrose
    Night Moves by Bob Seger
    Flirtin with disaster by Molly Hatchet Just to name a few right off hand.
    • 19040 posts
    January 29, 2010 8:40 AM PST
    rory1 wrote...
    I listen to all kinds of rock/blues on me bike....but when i'm riding in the U.S one song i always have on my mp3 is Willie Nelson...Train they call the City of New Orleans, it just seems to fit long American roads. I once went thru death valley and i swear i repeated that tune 20 times....to me its like an American Anthem.

Rory, "City of New Orlean" is one of the top ten ever country / folk songs ever written. Below is an excerpt from Wikipedia about the song writer Steve Goodman.

...Goodman had been busy writing many of his most enduring songs, and this avid songwriting would lead to an important break for him. While at the Quiet Knight, Goodman saw Arlo Guthrie, and asked to be allowed to play a song for him. Guthrie grudgingly agreed, on the condition that Goodman buy him a beer first; Guthrie would listen to Goodman for as long as it took Guthrie to drink the beer. Goodman played "City of New Orleans", (original lyrics) which Guthrie liked enough that he asked to record it. Guthrie's version of the song became a Top 20 hit in 1972, and provided Goodman with enough financial and artistic success to make his music a full-time career. The song, about the Illinois Central's City of New Orleans train, would become an American standard, covered by such musicians as Johnny Cash, Judy Collins, and

Willie Nelson, whose recorded version earned Goodman a posthumous Grammy Award for Best Country Song in 1985....

• March 6, 2013 3:45 AM PST
    "Get on your bikes and ride !!"--Queen. Even though it doesn't pertain to Motorcycles it's still a good song. the title is bicycle race but I like the line.
  • March 6, 2013 4:17 AM PST
    My wife and I share an iPod....I'm too embarrassed to say what rocks me out sometimes, but my friends don't know me when her music hits and we're both singing. LOL....
  • March 6, 2013 4:45 AM PST
    Flirting With Disaster - Molly Hatchet
    Any Bob Seger (especially Get Out Of Denver)
    Steppenwolf

There's just too many to name.....
  • March 6, 2013 7:47 AM PST
    All of the above are great songs, but the song I sing before a ride is the "Motorcycle Song" by Arlo Guthrie.

"I don't want a pickle, just want to ride my motorsickle"
  • March 6, 2013 7:56 AM PST
    Roll Me Away...Bob Seger- Wanted Dead Or Alive & Lost Highway... Bon Jovi-Screaming Night Hog...Steppenwolf
  • March 6, 2013 9:01 PM PST
    Radar Love---- Golden Earring
  • March 6, 2013 9:34 PM PST
    The Allman Brothers' Midnight Rider
  • March 6, 2013 9:42 PM PST
    the motorcycle song ---I don't want a pickle ----- arlo guthrie
  • March 6, 2013 10:16 PM PST
    Another good one that I had forgotten is, Running Down a Dream... Tom Petty It's hard for me not to get on the throttle on that one. Just makes you wanna go fast!
    • 846 posts
    March 7, 2013 4:10 AM PST
    Some that go through my head (not much else is there) are.

Roll Me Away Bob Seger
    Ballad of Easy Rider The Byrds
    Hotel California Eagles
    My Heads in Mississippi ZZ top
    Long as I can see the light Creedence Clearwater Revival
    • 5420 posts
    March 7, 2013 4:27 AM PST
    Think I posted this earlier (but don't feel like going back and looking). When we get an early start on a ride and freezing just waiting for the sun to come over the mountains, I can't help but to start singing Here Comes The Sun as soon as it peeks over the horizon.

Of course I don't know the words so it's more of just - here comes the sun, do do do do da, here comes the sun do do do, its all right da do do da do do da do do... over and over!
    • 1855 posts
    March 7, 2013 6:42 AM PST
    AT my age things have changed some. I'm kind of partial to "Bag O' Bones" by Guy Clark these days......"There's a lot more standin' here than whatcha see".............And I'm sittin' tall in the saddle...............still.

Peace
    • 9 posts
    March 7, 2013 7:53 AM PST

Back in the Saddle Again - Aerosmith

I can't drive 55 - Sammy Hagar

Radar Love - Golden Earring

Sweet Child O Mine - Guns N Roses

Kryptonite - Three Doors Down

Just the top five.  That list is endless...lol

Ride Free
    Tweek