Hello Everyone

• March 2, 2015 11:31 PM PST
     My name is Jim.  I am a newbee and wanted to say hello.  I love to ride.  I'm retired and live in High Springs, FL and have plenty of time to ride the back roads of any area.  My favorite game is where does that road go and I love to find out.  If you live in the area and would like to get together for coffee and see if we're compatiable riding buddies give me a message.  I ride a Honda 1300 VTX and ride with a couple goups of guy who are Hardly riders so I have no problem with the rice burner comments or anything like that.  As the matter of fact I have two lawn mowers with air cooled engines.  However they don't shake like a quater bed in a cheap motel room and they don't run hot.  So if you're a Hardly rider looking for someone to pick on I'm your guy.  

Happy to have new friends and I will probably be asking a lot of questions.  Have a great day.  Jim

• 27 posts
    March 3, 2015 12:08 AM PST
    welcome from washington,
    • 5420 posts
    March 3, 2015 1:35 AM PST
    Welcome Jim from a former Florida boy!

Yep, "Where does this road go" is a great game. Don't forget "you're never lost on a motorcycle if there is still gas in the tank... you are just on an alternate adventure"
    • 16831 posts
    March 3, 2015 2:30 AM PST
    Hello from the frozen Pennsylvania shores of Lake Erie.
    • 1855 posts
    March 3, 2015 3:22 AM PST
    Welcome from an Ohio member soon to be moving south.
    Peace
  • March 3, 2015 4:55 AM PST
    welcome from oregon
    • 2 posts
    March 3, 2015 1:40 PM PST
    Yup, welcome from the frequently frozen Finger Lakes area of South Central New York
    • 3006 posts
    March 4, 2015 8:22 AM PST
    Hello & welcome to the best motorcycle board on the web!!!
    You have a sweet looking ride.

Stay safe & enjoy the ride
    • 44 posts
    March 5, 2015 1:00 PM PST
    Welcome from snow covered Mid Tennessee nice ride hope to be in your area late summer Ride Safe
    • 19040 posts
    March 5, 2015 11:08 PM PST
    Welcome from the At Large member (currently in Terlingua, TX) to the Best Damned Family Friendly Biker site on the entire web.
  • March 6, 2015 1:02 AM PST
    Welcome Jim, from a Texas boy living in Oregon the last 14 yrs. Nice bike !
  • March 12, 2015 6:20 AM PDT
    Thanks to each of you. I appreciate you comments and I look forward to sharing the wonderful world of riding with you. Sorry to be so late responding but you probably know it't bike week in Daytona. I hate to miss a chance to get harassed from my buds and ride. By the way just for you VTX owners did you know if the first number on your VIN is 1 your bike was made in Ohio? I think it;s the 5&6yh letters that tell which city. A word of advice DON'T tell your Hardly friends. They won't stop the rice comments but it takes the sincerity out of it. Just ruins it for everyone. Just play alone.
  • March 12, 2015 6:29 AM PDT
    speedyre wrote...
    Welcome from snow covered Mid Tennessee nice ride hope to be in your area late summer Ride Safe  Thanks.  I love Tennessess you have some of the best riding in the world.  There is one day a year when i'm not a Tennessee kind of guy.  You guessed it......when UT plays UF.  Last time I was there for  game I wanted to see the Vol Navy.  Wow!   Typical for Tennessee people they invited our Gator decked out butts into their tail gate party, fed us the best BQ ribs in the world.  Got to be  the friendless state in the union......well one of the.

• March 12, 2015 6:31 AM PDT
    Jimmyacorn wrote...
    Welcome from an Ohio member soon to be moving south.
    Peace
    Thanks for the kind words.  Ole Tom sure knew what he was talking about huh?  Too bad we didn't pay attention sooner.
  • March 14, 2015 1:19 AM PDT
    Welcome Jim from Eastern Tennessee.......spent some time in Florida back in 1969 while in the Military.......Loved it so much volunteered to be transferred to VietNam.
    ride safe
    Night Dragon
    • 5 posts
    April 12, 2015 8:05 AM PDT
    Welcome from Washington State
  • April 12, 2015 9:16 AM PDT
    Welcome from northern California.
    Yes, I love that game.."Where does that road go?" followed by a quick game of 'where the hell are we' and finally, "damn, I'm so glad to be back on the road outta here!" Good times!