coast to coast

• February 5, 2010 12:49 AM PST
    GaryTJ wrote...
    Thanks Flatlander, I plan to avoid rush hour around any big town if at all possible. Worst case the GPS can show me the surface streets that I can use to avoid the hwy's. I have become pretty good at it.

IrishmanOhio, I don't really want to run the hwy's as much as I am, but I have to because of time restraints. I only have 3 weeks to do this. That is why I posted up here, to see if there are any routes that are close by where I am going that will get me where I need to go within a reasonable amount of time. Thanks!

Between Daytona and Vero Beach on Rt.1 is my favorite coastline ride, there's still cattle in some spots and time has come to a standstill since the seventy's when Kennedy Space Center had it's lay off. The pristine Indian River is next to you most of the way with many great places to stop. A1A oceanside is real busy and overbuilt most of the way, prettiest ocean riding is just north of Daytona through Ormond Beach and a couple hours south around  Sebastian Inlet.

I live 35 miles north of West Palm Beach in a little town Palm City within minutes of the ocean, I-95 and the Turnpike if you want to make a pit stop. My favorite riding is 75 miles north west, the Sebring area, all old towns where 17 cuts through the middle of the state on the old wagon trails, Old Downtown Sebring is to die for, absolutely beautiful. 
    • 0 posts
    February 6, 2010 2:31 PM PST
    Thank you!
    I will look at this ride.
    That is what I am looking for. Local favorite rides.
  • February 6, 2010 9:31 PM PST
    everything thirty minutes south of me is a day time traffic jam mon-fri. kinda like bikeweek but with cars and trucks, lol
    • 0 posts
    February 7, 2010 8:15 AM PST
    Thanks. according to my timetable, I will be doing Jacksonville to Miami on Saturday the 11th and Into Key west on Sunday. Hopefully the traffic won't be extreme.