What Rain Gear Do You Carry?

• January 20, 2015 7:12 AM PST
    I carry my fix a flat can... and some tools just to be safe. I have my rain gear ( just a rarely used cheap suit http://www.motorcyclehouse.com/motorcycle-rain-gear.htm ) stored away in the saddlebags, so it's not a big deal whenever it rains. It doesn't rain too very often either... so it's not a big deal... if anything, i have saddlebags so i can take my gear off when it gets too hot .. http://www.vikingbags.com/motorcycle-hard-saddlebags.htm
    • 2 posts
    March 3, 2015 2:00 PM PST
    For about 30 years kept a K-Mart, blue light special, vinyl, rain suit under the seat and it did just fine until I had to spend most of 3 days in it.
    Was just as effective at keeping the sweat in as keeping the rain out.
    Got home and the dog who usually knocked me on my ass when I came home sniffed me 3 times then went to the far corner of the patio and threw herself down in a huff, facing away from me

Have Frog-Togs now, seem pretty good but have not had to spend much time in them.
    • 4 posts
    December 28, 2015 5:41 PM PST
    Frogg Toggs-(there are several models to choose from), neoprene balaclava, waterproof leather gauntlets & a pair of insulated & waterproof Alpinestar boots are all on board somewhere...then there's my Cold weather gear.
    • 2685 posts
    December 29, 2015 1:14 AM PST
    Had a cheap rain suit I got from Bass Pro, lasted exactly one time.

Now have Frogg Toggs haven't used them yet.
    • 1161 posts
    February 14, 2016 3:32 AM PST
    I got my bigger bike and since I had saddlebags on it. I figured I should get some rain gear and still have not used it. LOL
    • 58 posts
    February 15, 2016 9:28 AM PST
    I broke down in 2012 and finally bought the HD 2 piece suit. I have used it a lot since then and not just in the rain. Jacket works well as a light windbreaker also or when it is cold, over my leathers. I still have no complaints, although a 2 hour long heavy rain will get through it now.
    • 10 posts
    February 15, 2016 10:27 AM PST
    frog togs are great for the rain and over the leathers to keep warm. I have slept on the ground with frog togs over my leathers. I kept warm
  • February 15, 2016 10:48 AM PST
    If its pouring I find a place to park if its just a shower I ride thur get soaked then air dry by the time you stop dig out your frog togs at the bottom of your saddle bags your soaked anyway should've just rode on !
    • 4 posts
    February 15, 2016 4:06 PM PST
    Six of one, half dozen of the other. Personally, I like my rain gear. Eg., Kalamazoo over to Chicago & up to Eagle River WI; light to medium showers the whole ride, I suited up & what could have been a crappy day on the road turned out to be a really nice ride for me.
    YMMV