Indian Scout - new

• 2 posts
    August 3, 2014 8:05 AM PDT

Been waiting for a long time for somebody, anybody, anybody in the US anyway, to bring back the “Indian Scout” concept; a light, nimble machine with a good HP/weight ratio, and, especially, above all, pegs you can stand on

Indian brought back the “Scout” name but, in my opinion, what we are seeing is an art-deco Sportster.

Make up your own minds

www.indianmotorcycle.com/en-us/scout-indian-red

• 1855 posts
    August 3, 2014 9:25 AM PDT
    It's ugly; just like HD's newer 500 and 750.
    Peace
    • 16825 posts
    August 3, 2014 9:32 AM PDT
    Other than "sport bikes" and a few "touring bikes" they all kinda have the "Harley look".
    • 19034 posts
    August 4, 2014 1:07 AM PDT
    Get rid of that feckin radiator!
    • 846 posts
    August 4, 2014 4:00 AM PDT
    Looks like a butt ugly V-Rod,
    • 3006 posts
    August 4, 2014 4:24 AM PDT
    There is a lot to be said about any new attempt to revive a name brand,and Indian is no different.

IMHO this is not how I envisioned a new Indian Scout,yet I applaud their efforts to try and capture that spirit

I especially dislike the motors general appearance & if I block out that ugly looking lump,the body style isn't so bad.Yet on some level it still doesnt capture that Indian "feel/look" even a simple addition like the Indian light for the front fender would have gone a long way towards giving it that look.
    • 5420 posts
    August 4, 2014 4:28 AM PDT
    Great job of keeping the tradition.  Looks almost identical to the original Scout 

I got no problem with innovation and comming out with new stuff (I am sure there is a group who like the style), but why the hell do they give it the name of something from the past like it has be revived?

• 2 posts
    August 4, 2014 1:36 PM PDT
    Lucky wrote...
    Great job of keeping the tradition.  Looks almost identical to the original Scout 

I got no problem with innovation and comming out with new stuff (I am sure there is a group who like the style), but why the hell do they give it the name of something from the past like it has be revived?

Like your sense of humor

Am somewhat indifferent to the esthetics but this  attempt misses the whole concept

• 19034 posts
    August 6, 2014 11:25 PM PDT
    And those Pipes look awful too, so do the heads...it just looks to me like a plastic toy motorcycle you would find in the dollar store. But that being said, to each their own and art is in the eye of the beholder. I am sure there are lots of people out there that like it and thing the Road King is ugly (But they would be blind).

• 207 posts
    August 7, 2014 12:26 AM PDT
    Indian (well OK, Polaris) is really playing up that whopping (????) 69 cubic inch engine (I got almost that in one jug) and the introduction of the "first ever liquid-cooled Indian Motorcycle engine" like it's a good thing. You gotta love those marketing people - they have an uncanny knack for overcoming shortcomings of the engineers. It would have been a complete package if they'd have thrown a shaft drive on it.

I'm sure there'll be a market for these bikes - RUBs who buy a motorcycle to ride down to the bar and brag about owning an American classic.
    • 84 posts
    August 7, 2014 12:49 AM PDT
    rlibrandi wrote...

I'm sure there'll be a market for these bikes - RUBs who buy a motorcycle to ride down to the bar and brag about owning an American classic.

They cain't call it a classic if'n it ain't got points and a carburetor.

• 207 posts
    August 7, 2014 12:59 AM PDT
    Snakechrmr wrote...

They cain't call it a classic if'n it ain't got points and a carburetor.

RUBs don't understand that.
    • 284 posts
    August 10, 2014 6:21 AM PDT
    Only thing I have ever Ridden is a 57 Panhead and a Sportster.... I never even look at bikes, happy with what I got but the Pipes and the Square back lookin Fender are Ugly....
  • August 13, 2014 1:14 AM PDT
    Other than the pipes, I like the looks of the bike and I'm definitely not a RUB. Real Ugly Biker, Rich Urban Biker or whatever that means. I think I'm more of a MEB (Middle-aged Enlightened Biker).
  • August 13, 2014 2:17 AM PDT
    Well, I guess it's no worse than HD coming out with an electric motorcycle.....geezzz
    • 314 posts
    August 13, 2014 10:37 PM PDT
    Grey color is nice, its easier just to say that than to list the dislikes
    • 57 posts
    August 14, 2014 12:21 AM PDT
    Looks like a transformer,not sure what look HD and Indian are going for with all the dark color and flat paint schemes