What started out as.....

• 1364 posts
    June 4, 2014 5:05 AM PDT
     a normal Wednesday a week ago May 28th. Was anything but normal. Got up and had coffee as usual, watch a little news I noticed a slight feeling of like a pectoral muscle starting to pull. Didnt think too much about it. Off to the shower as I had a Dr appt for my total knee replacement. Getting dressed and heading down stairs the pain was getting worse and moving into my left arm. Not feeling well at all, I told Deener that I think I'm going to stop off at the E.R. before my appt. She took on look at me and said "your not driving" and off we went ( should have called 911) At the E.R. I told them I thought I was having a heart attack. Great people there. They got me right in and the next thing I knew I was hooked up to an I.V. had 3 nitro taps and 2 shots of morphine in less then 20 minutes. ultra sound on my legs looking for blood clots, nucular lung tests and yip i was having a Heart attack. Do to being a little dehydrated I needed fluid befor they could work on me. The pain had gone way, Great drugs there. 7:45am Thursday I had a stint put in an aterie that was 99% blocked. That was very painful to say the least. Everything went well. I was discharged on Friday late morning. Doc said on the heart attack scale it was around a 3. Also I was very lucky, The aterie is know as the widow maker. If it had closed 1% more there would have been nothing they could have done. He also said that it looks like very little if any damage was donr to my heart. Wow what an expience that was. Doc wanted me to stay of the bike for a week. See ya at the Redwood Run..... 
    • 5420 posts
    June 4, 2014 5:13 AM PDT
    Scarey stuff, but really glad that you caught it in time and all is okay.

I won't bitch about you and Deener not letting us know this was going on so we could send prayers and well wishes. Well at least not until we see you next week, then you guys are catching hell for it!

Love ya Brother... Take Care!
  • June 4, 2014 5:42 AM PDT
    Oh Man glad everything turned out ok, but this is a message that we have to listen to our bodies and act accordingly.
    Do what the Doc says and get back to 100%. Wish I could make that Rally and see all you guys.
    Stay safe Brother and thank God your Angel was on duty.
    Night Dragon
    • 16834 posts
    June 4, 2014 6:49 AM PDT
    Scary stuff there, good thing everyone involved moved quick.
    • 57 posts
    June 4, 2014 9:22 AM PDT
    HighRisk,Use extreme caution because the only thing worse than having that type of Heart Attack is the medication they prescribe after,Plavix- Brilinta- Warfarin and Coumadin, all very serious blood thinners.Glad too hear you are recovering quickly. Ride Safe and Take Care
    • 1855 posts
    June 4, 2014 11:02 AM PDT
    Always, always listen to your body. Great that you did not hesitate.

Peace
  • June 4, 2014 12:48 PM PDT
    Wow!! Glad your feeling better. You both ride safe and we will see ya next week. My thoughts and prayers are headed your way!!
    • 314 posts
    June 4, 2014 11:25 PM PDT
    Good thing that you went right in!
    • 1364 posts
    June 5, 2014 1:41 AM PDT
    I'm on the lowest dose of Plavix and a 81mg aspirin. I see the Doc later today and will talk to him about that. Thank you for all the nice comments.
    • 1516 posts
    June 5, 2014 4:57 AM PDT
    Lucky wrote...
    Scarey stuff, but really glad that you caught it in time and all is okay.

I won't bitch about you and Deener not letting us know this was going on so we could send prayers and well wishes. Well at least not until we see you next week, then you guys are catching hell for it!

Love ya Brother... Take Care!

That makes Three of us!!!

So glad you are ok and did the right thing of heading out to the ER ASAP..  Can't wait to see the hairless spots where the sticky stuff was.. lol

• 1364 posts
    June 6, 2014 2:16 AM PDT
    Had my follow up appt with the cardiologist today. All is good. Got the ok to get back to everyday life for the most part. No hot tub for another week and no extreme prolonged activity for a while. Start cardiac rehab the week after next. I will need to stay on Plavix for one year. The stint is medicated and the plavix helps keep the stint open so that tissue can grow around it and keep it open.... Ride on my friends