Yoo hoo Lucky

• 1855 posts
    April 21, 2014 2:41 AM PDT
    I'm getting a great deal of spam in an email account that is not associated with this forum.  Will cookies or spam generated from CF find its way into the email account other than the one associated with this website?  BTW, I get no spam in the email account associated with CF.  Just curious

Thanks

Peace
  • April 21, 2014 3:12 AM PDT
    I have been a cyclefish member since early 2010 and have not received any that I did not want. The e-mails I do receive are from motorcycle vendors/sites that I have found thru Cyclefish. Now if someone can do something about all the mess I receive because of my glass business I would be eternally grateful!!!
    • 5420 posts
    April 21, 2014 4:05 AM PDT
    Jimmy, There is nothing we do here on CF that would allow anyone access to your email address. We never give out email addresses and we take pride in the security we have in place on our servers to ensure no one has access to the email addresses used to create your account, so there is NO SPAM generated from CycleFish as a result of having an account.

There is also nothing else the could occur here that would allow anyone access to anything else on your computer such as email addresses not associated with your CF account.
    • 1855 posts
    April 21, 2014 6:30 AM PDT
    Thanks. I know I get nothing I don't want at the email address I use here. Thanks again.

Peace
    • 1855 posts
    April 21, 2014 6:32 AM PDT
    I have another question. Converting MP3 to Wav......if I go to download software they all seem contain some virus which is picked up by AVG. Anyone know of any safe software?

Peace
    • 5420 posts
    April 21, 2014 7:53 AM PDT
    That's a big problem with lots of Free software these days.  It is not actually viruses, but moire than likely ad ware and junk ware that is included with the program.  Although most of the time not harmful, they are anying and you don't want them on your system... which is why AVG warns you of them.

Even the free downloads from sites like cnte.com - who used to be the most reliable source for free downloads - now has some type of adware in just about every program on their site.

I have personally stopped downloading any free software

for your mp3 to wav you can use iTunes to do it.  Even if you don't have an iPod or iPhone you can still donload iTunes free from Apple.

Here are the instructions on converting a file... http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1550 />
    • 1855 posts
    April 21, 2014 8:40 AM PDT
    Thanks
  • April 21, 2014 10:11 AM PDT
    I have a question. after a few washings my clothes just don't have the new look any more. What can I do to keep those colors bright and new looking
    • 1855 posts
    April 21, 2014 3:13 PM PDT
    aquadave wrote...
    I have a question. after a few washings my clothes just don't have the new look any more. What can I do to keep those colors bright and new looking

With all the work you do on that shovel of yours there should be enough oil on your clothes that the dirt just rolls off.  LOL  I'm starting to remember what that was like back when.  

Peace
    • 1855 posts
    April 21, 2014 3:13 PM PDT
    aquadave wrote...

With all the work you do on that shovel of yours there should be enough oil on your clothes that the dirt just rolls off.  LOL  I'm starting to remember what that was like back when.  

Peace
  • April 21, 2014 4:03 PM PDT
    LOL it's old and like most old stuff you never stop working on them. but since I rebuilt the top end and added compression it sounds so good