Couldn't wait

• 1855 posts
    April 9, 2014 8:00 AM PDT
    O.K. so I'm guilty but I just couldn't wait.  Gypsy and I went for a great ride today.  Doctor didn't say I could but he didn't say I couldn't either.  I've been a commercial roofer for most of my life and I've had a lot of different back aches.  Riding "always", "always", made me feel better and today was no exception.  My damn foot is still numb but  I'm feeling great!!!!!!! The new ape hangers were just perfect as I knew they would be.  So, I'm back in the saddle again.

Peace
    • 5419 posts
    April 9, 2014 8:17 AM PDT
    Glad to hear you are feeling better and back in the saddle!

What size ape hangers did you get?
  • April 9, 2014 8:41 AM PDT
    Good to hear!
    • 1855 posts
    April 9, 2014 10:06 AM PDT
    Lucky wrote...
    Glad to hear you are feeling better and back in the saddle!

What size ape hangers did you get?

16" apes with 4" risers.  I've been trying to upload some pics but there seems to be a problem.  
    • 1516 posts
    April 9, 2014 10:59 AM PDT
    Good for you!!!
  • April 9, 2014 11:22 AM PDT
    Congrats....with apes that tall, you will definitely save money on deoderant!!!!!!
    • 16798 posts
    April 9, 2014 5:18 PM PDT
    Sweet!
    • 1 posts
    April 10, 2014 1:42 AM PDT
    Riding a motorcycle best medicine in my book.
    • 19007 posts
    April 10, 2014 2:42 AM PDT
    Atta Boy!
    • 3006 posts
    April 11, 2014 7:28 AM PDT
    Sounds sweet,glad you have the new apes on probably takes quite a bit of pain out of your riding.
    • 57 posts
    April 14, 2014 1:12 AM PDT
    Good deal Jimmy, when does the trip west begin
    • 1855 posts
    April 14, 2014 2:38 AM PDT
    Hunter55 wrote...
    Good deal Jimmy, when does the trip west begin

I'm not so sure that's going to happen.  Gypsy also has some back issues which she endured and never told me about.  When we rode to the Florida Keys a couple years back she was in pain but didn't tell me because she knew I wouldn't have gone.  Hell, last year we went to Yellow Stone and she never let on. Having just found out really upset me and I just don't understand how she could've enjoyed that ride and be in so much pain.  So now she's going to get it taken care of.  Of course she insists that she can ride on a few short trips and promises to get her back fixed.  She has appointments at the end of the month and we'll see what the doctor says.

Naturally I'm pretty upset because we could've taken care of this thing earlier.  But damn she's one tough lady (upset that she told me) and now I have to put my foot down; loving her all the while of course.

Peace

• 57 posts
    April 14, 2014 4:42 AM PDT
    @ Jimmyacorn,very sorry to hear that Gypsy is in pain and your trip west may not take place.Just goes to show us how much joy and pain we endure with our loved ones Best of Luck to you both,Take care Ride Safe
    • 1 posts
    April 14, 2014 11:41 AM PDT
    One tough women there (meant in a good way) Sending healing vibes that her back will be like new fast and you two can go explore the great wide open again soon. Only this time without Gypsy in pain.
  • April 15, 2014 10:41 AM PDT
    Glad to hear your back on the road again! The bikes seem to take away my pain in my body as well. Have a great riding season!