Good Morning

• 57 posts
    March 28, 2014 10:58 PM PDT
    Morning everyone,been away from home this past week trying to wrap up family matters,nothings changed still below average temps and ugly weather forecast here
    • 5420 posts
    March 29, 2014 3:33 AM PDT
    G'Mornin' All. Woke up to some great weather here and hoping to get a ride in a little later after the "honey do" list is done.
    • 1855 posts
    March 29, 2014 4:49 AM PDT
    I know, it's afternoon but I've been busy. So, good afternoon everyone. Well, it's not THAT good; cold, windy, and snow. Can you believe it? Snow. 2-4" and tomorrow it's going to be 50 something. Amazing.

Peace
    • 16837 posts
    March 29, 2014 6:02 AM PDT
    38 here with a snow warning, Erie is back on top for snow fall this winter, Syracuse is a close second.
    Who will win the coveted "Golden Snow Globe Award" this season?
  • March 29, 2014 12:02 PM PDT
    Damn..... I sure feel bad about saying this, but...... Great ride today, 73* light winds and 17% humidity. Man. So good afternoon (late) hope you guys all have a great sunday.

Trippin
    • 57 posts
    March 30, 2014 12:06 AM PDT
    @ Trippin, thats just wrong man,hope you hurt your back laughing at us
    • 314 posts
    March 30, 2014 12:07 AM PDT
    Rained last night and then at least 6in snow over night, its going to snow all day i guess
  • March 30, 2014 1:40 AM PDT
    Hunter55 wrote...
    @ Trippin, thats just wrong man,hope you hurt your back laughing at us

Sorry Hunter...., can't be on here long. It's supposed to be about 74 here today. Heading back out this am.

Just Trippin

• March 30, 2014 2:04 AM PDT
    Rainy cold morning here in WV. but had a great time with friends last night.
    • 1855 posts
    March 30, 2014 3:49 AM PDT
    Sunny and temperatures climbing into mid-50's today.

Peace
    • 611 posts
    March 30, 2014 6:14 AM PDT
     Trippin... Yer killin me! lol   Nah, glad it's riding weather for SOMEONE!

It continues to rain and that is hampering the landslide victim recovery efforts. A week ago Saturday, a wall of mud, trees and rocks slammed into a small community 10 miles or so from where I live. The affected area is one square mile or look at it this way: 485 football fields would fit in the wrecked area. Rescue efforts have turned to Recovery efforts, 18 reported dead (I knew 4) but 20-25 bodies have been found. 90, then 70, now 30 are still missing, those are the reported numbers. Our community has been impacted on all levels, we know several of the folks involved in the recovery and the outpouring of help and caring in our small community is just what you would expect. Outstanding!

Personally, our lives go on much as they have but the 25 mile trip to the freeway has changed to almost 80 miles because the road out is now buried under 30-40 feet of mud, trees and rock. We carpooled with friends last week to pick up our meds and a few grocerys, so we have been fortunate and blessed that our life has been hardly inpacted while the largest landslide in WA history took place 10 miles from our house. I was going to take a ride that morning.  

A tip-of-the-hat to the 150 volunteers and over 150 trained professionals that are dedicating their lives right now to the recovery of our friends and neighbors. We will come through this... together. If you wish to donate to the disaster recovery, please only use a known, real organization because there are always bottom-feeders that will take advantage of other folks misery.

Thanks For your prayers and good thoughts to all affected by this tragedy.

Edge 'SadMan' Walker
  • March 30, 2014 11:57 AM PDT
    Edge...my heart goes out to all of you in that area. May the families find peace!
    • 1855 posts
    April 6, 2014 12:48 AM PDT
    Good morning people. Heading out later today to spend the night across from the hospital where I had my back surgery. My second post-surgical Appt. is 9 a.m. Monday morning and it's a 2 hour drive from here and I am NOT going to find work traffic to get there. The hotel is right across the street from Ortho-Neuro so that's the ticket. Hope you all have a great day.

Peace
    • 1 posts
    April 6, 2014 1:15 AM PDT
    Hope you get a great report Jimmyacorn, good luck to you. Tomorrow I head back to a normal life (so not my work life), my bikes… I so miss them and can't wait to take off for destinations unknown.
    • 9 posts
    April 7, 2014 12:16 AM PDT
    First, Hello Jimmy, and for myself, I haven't been on much due to (formerly) ongoing computer issue's! THANK GOD, that's OVER! YEA!!! I'm back!

As for Edge and family....
    I am saddened by the recent events out there. God rest the souls of those who perished.

Thank GOD, you didn't go ridin' that mornin'!
    I know He'll getcha whatcha need, whenya need it! Hang in there! My prayers are with you!

Ride Free
    Tweek

• April 7, 2014 12:22 AM PDT
    Good Morning all......Raining in the Smoky's
    • 9 posts
    April 7, 2014 12:40 AM PDT
    Mornin' Kenny! Stay dry, lol

Ride Free
    Tweek
    • 44 posts
    April 7, 2014 2:00 AM PDT
    Good morning everyone long night but he's here my 14th yes that's right 14th grand baby born at 330 this morning 6lbs 11 oz boy everything is good and thank god for grand babies
    • 5420 posts
    April 7, 2014 2:11 AM PDT
    G'Morning All !!! Another beautiful day here in So California. Rode yesterday in t-shirt and probably going to be the same weather today.

Speedyre, congrats on the newest Grandson!!!!
    • 44 posts
    April 7, 2014 2:31 AM PDT
    Thanks lucky and his name is Carson
    • 3006 posts
    April 7, 2014 3:27 AM PDT
    GMorning Jimmy
    Make sure you follow doc's orders and take the recovery nice & easy so your ready for riding this summer.Hope you get a clean bill of health.
    Congrats Speedyre !!!I have trouble dealing with 2 I cannot imagine having 14 ?!?!?!!!! LOL God Bless Y'All!!!
    • 1855 posts
    April 7, 2014 5:23 AM PDT
    Well, my 2nd post surgical appointment didn't happen. Gypsy and I were supposed to be scheduled near the same time; which we were except that mine was at a completely different location...1-1/2 hours away. The new secretary apparently got it all screwed up. So, Gypsy had hers and I didn't. However, I'm just going to call the doctor's office, talk to his PA. There's really nothing to report except my foot being still numb. There's not much they can do. I'm already taking medication for that. My back feels fine and I'm still doing PT. It's just a waste of time and money to go to the doctor's office at this point. Oh yeah, good afternoon.

Peace
    • 1855 posts
    April 8, 2014 2:26 AM PDT
    Good morning again people. It's going to be in the 50's and sunny today. Alas, I still have physical therapy to go to but I'm close to being back in the saddle.

Peace
    • 16837 posts
    April 8, 2014 8:13 AM PDT
    I went to my cardiologist today, the old ticker is working well, got a stress test next week.
    • 1855 posts
    April 8, 2014 9:47 AM PDT
    RevBigJohn wrote...
    I went to my cardiologist today, the old ticker is working well, got a stress test next week.

You'll do just fine REV.  I'm pulling for you.  Will it be the physical test or the chemically induced one?

Peace