Updates removed files

• 1855 posts
    March 15, 2014 9:28 AM PDT
    I don't know what happened (again) but automatic Windows update removed some of my files.  My personal documents, such as song lyrics no longer exist. And old folders and word documents were somehow and for some unknown reason reinstalled.  What the heck happened.  Hell, so many damn updates and I'm not sure now what version I'm even running anymore.  Drives me nuts when I come into my computer/music room and find that everything on my computer is different.

• March 15, 2014 12:59 PM PDT
    I don't let windows update if so I do it manually 1 at a time
    • 1855 posts
    March 15, 2014 2:26 PM PDT
    Ah but even then you don't really know how the update is going to affect your computer.
  • March 15, 2014 4:31 PM PDT
    True which is why I haven't updated in over a yr
  • March 16, 2014 6:00 AM PDT
    An Apple a day keeps the Windows at bay.

Jon
    • 5420 posts
    March 16, 2014 10:55 AM PDT
    Jimmy, I don't know what is going on with your computer... thinking there may be something else causing problems and the symptoms are showing with updates.

I install EVERY Windows update as soon as it comes available and never had any problems with missing files... or any other problems with any of the updates since Windows 7. And I have a few computers running Windows 7.

If it was me I would take it in and have it checked out to make sure you don't have something corrupted in your registry of file system.
  • March 16, 2014 12:36 PM PDT
    It's the NSA and Dept of Homeland Security call Obama and complain