June 2014 Meet & Greet Near Deals Gap and The Devils Triangl

• May 22, 2014 12:23 PM PDT
    16 more days until we can hit the road! I am soooooooo looking forward to meeting everyone and celebrating my wife's and my anniversay! Funny how a post about our anniversay ride turned into all this.
    It's an experience Christy and I are really looking forward to.

See you all soon!
    • 1855 posts
    May 29, 2014 3:25 AM PDT
    I'm hoping the weather holds off. The very real threat of nasty rain will put a damper on riding the Smokies to say the least.
  • May 29, 2014 5:23 AM PDT
    Yep, me too Jimmy. Me too.
  • May 29, 2014 6:45 AM PDT
    Dave do you know where you will be staying. I know you said Sevierville but what Motel or Cabin?
    Dragon
  • May 29, 2014 7:04 AM PDT
    You know I hate to bring up this subject because I always seem to get into trouble whenever I do but, some of you might want to know. Tennessee is an Open Carry State, and I hope I won't offend any of you if you notice that I am carrying open. Now South and North Carolina you might want to check ahead of time just to be safe. I do not want to make a big deal over this but just so ya know. Make sure your States carry card is good in Tennessee.
    ND
  • May 30, 2014 3:10 PM PDT
    NightDragon wrote...
    Dave do you know where you will be staying. I know you said Sevierville but what Motel or Cabin?
    Dragon

I'll be over at High Valley rentals in Sevierville.
  • May 30, 2014 3:20 PM PDT

• May 31, 2014 2:27 AM PDT
    Unfortunately something has come up that needs my attention during that time so I need to bow out of the Meet and Greet. Hope everyone is safe and enjoy's the Smoky,s.
    Night Dragon...
    • 57 posts
    May 31, 2014 2:35 AM PDT
    Jimmyacorn wrote...
    I'm hoping the weather holds off. The very real threat of nasty rain will put a damper on riding the Smokies to say the least.

Keeping an eye on the forcast for Smokies myself,but its not looking good as of now,   

• 1855 posts
    May 31, 2014 9:01 AM PDT
    Actually the weather is not looking too bad between Lima, Ohio and Maggie Valley. The worst outlook is 60% for Sunday and we'll already be there should we decide to make the trip. Honestly, though we've been riding here lately, I've been down so long due to my back pains and subsequent surgery, it's become a real frequent chore to put in the miles/hours on the road. The last few years we only put 6 or 7 hours on the road at a time. Tomorrow (Sunday) we're going to see just how long we can ride. I've been exhausted after about 4 hours and I'm kind of pissed about that. Being laid up for an extended length of time, regardless of the shape you're in, just doesn't hold well after the age of 65. But either way, 4 hours or 6 hours a day, I'll make the adjustment; i.e. leave home a day or so sooner.

Peace

• June 1, 2014 7:15 AM PDT
    Well, the fluids are changed, the test run to check for leaks is done. I will pack my bags this week. all that remains is to get my big a$$ed self loaded up on the bike next weekend and make some miles! LOL.

For reasons I will not go into here, I am really looking forward to this run. Meeting new freinds and some old who are coming down from Mo. Riding in the mountains, exploring new, and old areas. Visiting with freinds who still live there and seing everything again. To ride one more time in that sweet blue haze.....Good times ahead.

Time and life are funny, and never fail to shock ya do they? Some days good, some........not so much.

This Meet and greet is gonna be one of my best weeks....EVER!!!!

See Ya'll soon!

Dave.
  • June 3, 2014 5:20 AM PDT
    Sadly, it looks like my wife and I will not be attending. Some things have come up here that require my immediate attention. Hope eveyone has fun.
    • 57 posts
    June 4, 2014 12:54 AM PDT
    Ok so it looks as though most attending have cancelled or changed their plans,I don't know if anyone is still planning on being at meet-up or not but since the weather forecast doesn't look good I too will not attend.
    • 1855 posts
    June 4, 2014 4:18 AM PDT
    Hunter55 wrote...
    Ok so it looks as though most attending have cancelled or changed their plans,I don't know if anyone is still planning on being at meet-up or not but since the weather forecast doesn't look good I too will not attend.

Probably a good idea. If it were just one day out of the week it wouldn't be so bad.  But rain is forecast for nearly the entire week and the return trip back home (north) doesn't look all that promising either.  This was going to be our last opportunity to have an enjoyable ride before Gypsy has her surgery.  We'll have a few good days around here at least and then she's just going to have to wait until next year.  With any luck another aspect of getting older won't catch up to us in the meantime.

Peace

• 11 posts
    June 4, 2014 11:57 PM PDT
    Was planning on going on just Monday; yes, bad weather expected. Was looking forward to meeting folks. Enjoy the weekend wherever you end up.
  • June 10, 2014 1:06 AM PDT
    Well it's the second day of the Meet and Greet had it happen, and the weather is nice. Yesterday the experts said it was going to rain. I received a 10 minute shower and that was it for the day. Today the experts are claiming 60 % chance of rain, and as of 9:00 AM it is sunny and clear sky's, but maybe this afternoon it might rain. You just never know around here with the mountains which have a big factor in predicting the weather.
    Anyway hope all are safe and enjoying the weather where you live.
    Night Dragon
  • June 13, 2014 2:15 PM PDT
    Well, I was there along with the wife on Monday. Rented a bagger from Knoxville Harley and rode out to Deals Gap, down further on 129 to Georgia, came back up to Cherokee and did some of the Blue Ridge and rode through Smoky Mountain Ntl Park. Yeah it rained, but we had our raingear on.
  • June 13, 2014 2:18 PM PDT
    I had hoped to make it but work has had me so very busy. Maybe another time.
    Man, I need a vacation...