last Sat Night

• February 10, 2014 12:52 PM PST
    Not much of a story but it could have been. Last Sat Night I was going to hear some music. I ride up to an intersection. it's a 25mph area light, right turn lane, straight lane, left turn lane, opposite traffic lane. nice wide lanes. As I was coming up to turn left at red light the light turned green the car coming straight opposite of me, came straight in my lane!!!!! Head on stuff. I moved quick getting behind the car going straight in my direction almost hitting him. The car that ran me off was so far over he/she almost sideswiped the car going straight that I got behind. completely in my lane if it were a car instead of a bike it would have been head on, If I didn't move fast I'd be eating lots of aspirin right now.
    • 5420 posts
    February 11, 2014 3:05 AM PST
    Scary stuff. Glad you were quick thinking and reacting so you are still here to write about it.
    • 1855 posts
    February 11, 2014 3:13 AM PST
      Good on ya brother.

Peace
    • 3006 posts
    February 11, 2014 8:59 AM PST
    I' ll bet they were texting.In the last 5 years I have seen a real increase in that stuff,and not just texting people eating , shaving etc etc while heading down the freeway.Thank your lucky stars cause now a days thats about all one has as defense against such idiots behind a wheel.