Pretty Serious Stuff

• October 23, 2013 10:20 AM PDT
    Greetings,

While quite certain we are all aware of what happened in Japan regarding the nucular disaster, it is unlikely that many have been keeping up on the situation.

What they are getting ready to attempt would require a year long flawless excecution on a rather delicate operation. One error spells disaster so you may want to keep this in your thoughts and prayers.

http://rt.com/news/fukushima-operation-spent-fuel-618/ />
    Read through the article and picture an earthquake or some other sort of "problem" and then perhaps.. pray more.

JimmyK
  • October 23, 2013 11:41 AM PDT
    Or just sit on your roof with a couple of cold beers and watch the destruction... If this goes wrong we can all kiss our asses goodbye..!

Trippin
  • October 23, 2013 12:44 PM PDT
    Personally,I think a matter of this magnitude should not be left to TEPCO. They have not done a very good job of things from the beginning with a number of blunders along the way.
    I agree with you regarding if things go wrong. It won't be pretty.
    What I do not agree with you on is, ".....a couple of cold beers....." This would definitely be a minimum two kegs event.

Regards

JimmyK
    • 5420 posts
    October 23, 2013 3:02 PM PDT
    Man I have got to read the news. Didn't know anything about this.

And you're both wrong. This would be the time to crack the seal on a bottle of Single Barrel Jack Daniels!
  • October 23, 2013 10:41 PM PDT
    Jack and Jim - the party goes till the end
  • October 24, 2013 12:16 AM PDT
    Lucky wrote...
    Man I have got to read the news. Didn't know anything about this.

And you're both wrong. This would be the time to crack the seal on a bottle of Single Barrel Jack Daniels!

XXXXXXXXX

Greetings Lucky,

The Press is being pretty quiet on this issue. Focusing on it would be bad for business. The fact is, there is roughly 80,000 gallons of radioactive water flowing into The Pacific on a DAILY basis and has been since March 11, 2011. That equates to roughly 85 MILLION Gallons and growing.

".....Japan has decided that fish contaminated with fewer than 100 Becquerels per kilogram (Bq/kg) of cesium-137 is good enough to eat. Some local officials have set a stricter bar of 50 Bq/kg.

In the U.S. the permissible level of cesium in food is 1,200 Bq/kg. Canada allows 1,000 Bq/kg. The difference is startling. The huge discrepancy allows importation by the U.S. and Canada of what Japan considers highly contaminated fish, vegetables and meat. Rice, fish, beef and other Japanese exports poisoned by nuclear power’s single worst nightmare is doubtless being consumed in the United States...."

Our benevolent Government is letting us eat this stuff at an alarming rate and worse, they are quietly doing so. That we are importing tainted food is beyond debate. The way around it is simply to raise the bar on what levels are considered tainted.

Japan sets the level at 100 Bq/kg.
    US sets the level at 1,200 Bq/kg.

This allows US to import what Japan considers radioactive trash and place it on our dinner tables without warning.

I do hope the friends here do in fact take some time to read up on this. Personally I do not intend to wait until I am riding down the road and get pulled over for glowing in the dark. Nor do I intend to ignorantly allow my grandkids to eat this stuff.

Regards

JimmyK

• 3006 posts
    October 24, 2013 8:17 AM PDT
    Interesting to see little to no press coverage,of what in our country would be considered nuclear castrophe.Nor is there any sense of urgency or real time consequences of what this sort of disaster implies.Once I understood how the nuke indstry works I was always against its use as a mainstream energy source.The byproducts alone will leave a lasting legacy.Lets hope they contain the damage as quickly, as safely possible.Tho from what I am reading doesnt look too promising.
  • October 24, 2013 9:25 AM PDT
    Just add it to our Presidents Honey do list........I'm sure he will screw this up as well.
    Dragon
  • October 24, 2013 12:29 PM PDT
    Greetings all,

I was trying to avoid this but...

Remember when I stated above;

"Our benevolent Government is letting us eat this stuff at an alarming rate and worse, they are quietly doing so. That we are importing tainted food is beyond debate. The way around it is simply to raise the bar on what levels are considered tainted."

I should have been more clear. You see in April of this year a plan was devised by our Government to ease the standards of what is considered dangerous. Please take just a moment to glance through this ....

http://www.nirs.org/radiation/radstds/radstdshome.htm />
    If this does not deeply trouble you, then you did not take the time to look at the link. This by the way is part of the reason why The Press is being so quiet about what is actually happening in Japan. The truth would destroy trade and there are folks in DC that get their pockets greased by keeping it flowing (the trade not the stuff flowing into The Pacific).

This is but a piece of the outrage.

"April 15, 2013: EPA has just issued new Protective Action Guides (PAGs) for dealing with radioactive releases. The new PAGs are much worse than the extremely weak PAGs Bush tried to push out in the last days of that Administration which Obama pulled back. Although EPA is taking comments on these PAGs for 90 days, they are effective immediately.

Additionally, the National Council on Radiation Protection and Measurements (NCRP) has published draft guidance for implementing the long-term cleanup portions of the PAGS. The NCRP guidance would allow the public to be exposed to extraordinarily higher levels of radiation than previously permitted...."

Just ask yourself why now? Why would they push this through now? Now connect the dots to the huge difference between the standard in Japan (100) and compare that to our now 1200 number. In Japan you can't sell it, but America will buy it and feed it to US?

Just give it some thought and then get up on what is happening that you may be able to protect YOU and YOURS.

Like y'all, I love my freedom. Been on two wheels 42 years now and I share many of the same values that y'all do. One of those values is a love for the Brothers and Sisters and that is why I am posting this and for no other reason. It is up to each to consider for themselves if they should take any action or not and I for one respect your right to choose for yourself.

Regards

JimmyK

• October 24, 2013 12:30 PM PDT
    NightDragon wrote...
    Just add it to our Presidents Honey do list........I'm sure he will screw this up as well.
    Dragon

xxxx

To late bro...he already did. Read the post before this one.

Regards

JimmyK

• 44 posts
    October 25, 2013 7:45 AM PDT
    6.8- 7.1 earthquake 230 miles off the coast at 3:10am there time
  • October 25, 2013 8:22 AM PDT
    Last reading I saw said 7.3 magnitude.
    • 44 posts
    October 25, 2013 9:44 AM PDT
    Yep some bad s*** all it going to take one oops and the world as we know will change my prayers are with them but I see this going bad quick the world atomic energy folks need get. Involved just saying
    • 5420 posts
    October 25, 2013 6:14 PM PDT
    Even at 7.3 your not going to feel much or get any damage 230 miles away, and luckily no tsunamis either.

I'm still keeping my bottle of Single Barrel Jack near by just in case something does happen.
    • 3006 posts
    October 26, 2013 8:14 AM PDT
    Didnt see any tv news on the eq/tsunami till this morning,and I seriously doubt the public from here
    on out are going to be kept informed in a timely manner, regarding the progress or lack of on containment.
    From my own prior experience,seems like there are a lot of minor eq's leading up to a major jolt,like as happened here in the bay area before the world series quake,we had a lot of tremblors in the months leading up to it.