HD 2014 Recall

• 846 posts
    October 17, 2013 7:15 AM PDT

I seen this and want to pass it on. See the link here the recall is for most of the touring line.
    http://www.harley-davidson.com/en_US/Content/Pages/HD_News/Company/news.html?article=en_US/News/1948_press_release.hdnews

• 1855 posts
    October 17, 2013 8:59 AM PDT
    Imagine that.
    • 5420 posts
    October 17, 2013 10:33 AM PDT
    Saw that this morning too. I searched and search and could not find any stories on anyone being hurt, so it seams like they identified the problem before anyone was seriously killed or inured (as far as I can find)

That is a Good Thing!!!!

Also read that there were 29,000+ thousand of the effected bikes shipped already. Man touring bikes sure are popular these days!!!!
  • October 21, 2013 1:25 AM PDT
    Harley has been using hydraulic clutches for the last 4 years in the touring cvo's. The ? is, what did Harley change in the new clutches that was cheaper than what they have been using?????
    • 5420 posts
    October 22, 2013 8:46 AM PDT
    I haven't heard anything about exactly what the problem is or what the fix is.

Anyone with a 2014 get the recall notice? Can you tell us what the actual problem and fix are...

Here is the 2014 Harley Recall Press Release, nothing in there stating the actual problem.  Just that it is the clutch.
    • 57 posts
    October 22, 2013 9:08 AM PDT
    I just got home and found Recall Notice in my inbox,We been cruising the outer banks of NC and Blue Ridge Parkway with no problems 14 days just under 3000 miles,got home and found a Do Not Ride Notice, HaHa,notice says HD will rebuild hydraulic clutch master cylinder and inspect clutch release plate and replace if damaged.Recall Notice says Master cylinder may not create enough pressure to disengage clutch, about a one hour fix they say. I was riding 2014 Ultra Classic
    • 5420 posts
    October 22, 2013 9:38 AM PDT
    Thanks Hunter, I was curious what the actual problem was.