03 Glide idle problem

• September 30, 2013 4:34 AM PDT
     My 03 Glide will die out after running highway miles and then hitting the ramp exit. I've changed the IAS, cleaned air filter, changed the heat sensor and I'm still not getting off the ramp without restarting. Looking for some suggestions....

• September 30, 2013 5:16 AM PDT
    Try running some Sea Foam fuel cleaner thru your bike. It smoothed out the rough Idle problem I had and it's only 8 dollars. New Spark plugs will help, make sure all of your hoses are not old and brittle.
    • 5420 posts
    September 30, 2013 7:05 AM PDT
    Could be the Camshaft position sensor. O2 sensor.

How does it idle when you first start it?
    • 844 posts
    September 30, 2013 11:26 AM PDT
    Lucky wrote...
    Could be the Camshaft position sensor. O2 sensor.

How does it idle when you first start it?

That would be my question too.  It might just be idling a little low so a fast shutdown from high rpm just stalls it.

• 57 posts
    September 30, 2013 1:39 PM PDT
    Hey John, I'm not even going to pretend i know what might be up with your bike but I know two great techs near you. Give Dave and Brian at Valley Racing in Beecher IL. a call,they will get it straightened out and very far rates
  • September 30, 2013 10:04 PM PDT
    Thanks for the techs in beecher. I'll give them a call. I've tried sea foam, Lucas, and as far as starting and idle at start no problem. It does idle rough though. I'll check with the o2 sensor and change the hoses in the tank and to the pump. Thank for the heads up.