Gloves or Not?

• August 8, 2013 12:52 AM PDT
    I've been looking at a lot of pic's on the site and discovered that some people actually ride without Gloves, which includes a lot of back seat riders. Now seems to me if a person is about to go down, (which of course we never plan to do) what is the first thing that happens in most cases. Yep one of your hands reaches out to break the fall, must be a natural reaction for humans to do that. Now without gloves what is the second thing that happens. Yep the skin on your hand is left on the highway. I always wear gloves when I ride, but was wondering why some people don't and the reason. I know with fingerless gloves you get a funky hand tan, but I would rather keep my skin if I had the option. After Bowling Green KY I know how long it takes to grow that skin back.

Ride safe everyone, and enjoy something that bonds us as a Family

Night Dragon

• August 8, 2013 1:16 AM PDT
    I wear gloves of one kind or the other all the time. Better grip on the throttle and less vibs.
    • 1855 posts
    August 8, 2013 3:15 AM PDT
    Yep. I wear gloves. Fingerless even on the hottest days. On those days when it's a bit chilly and you need a jacket, I cut some gauntlets into fingerless just so bugs don't get up the sleeves of my jacket.
    • 846 posts
    August 8, 2013 3:37 AM PDT
    I'm guilty of riding on occasion without gloves and in the back of my mind are all the reasons you stated. In some cases its just plain laziness as they are normally in my helmet and there are always one type in the saddle bags of my bike. Other then that I have no justification for not wearing them.
    Oh by the way I do have the fingerless gloves tan (normally the ones I wear). Three dots across my knuckles a patch below my wrist.
    • 1 posts
    August 8, 2013 4:58 AM PDT
    Almost always have gloves, there is always going to be my duh moments for me any way. But I learned a long time ago a quick throttle with a sweaty hand can equal a dangerious thing.
  • August 8, 2013 9:49 AM PDT
    I'm glove rich, at least seven pairs for all seasons and all elements under the sun.I always carry extra pairs in my saddle bags and wear them even on the rare occasion of riding bitch.I don't care for my skin to be pulled off with gravel and asphalt....no thank you.Never worry about tan lines, I live outside :-)
  • August 8, 2013 12:07 PM PDT
    I'm all bout gloves, you can get some badass ones and in case some deusche in a cage runs you off the road at least I'll have my fingers left
    • 834 posts
    August 8, 2013 3:49 PM PDT
    Always wear gloves, fingerless most of the time, but always have them on.
    • 19040 posts
    August 9, 2013 11:24 PM PDT
    "Gloves? We ain't got no gloves. We don't need no gloves! I don't have to show you any stinkin' gloves!"
    • 57 posts
    August 10, 2013 10:29 PM PDT
    LMAO Seriously????
    • 6 posts
    August 11, 2013 12:54 AM PDT
    Always wear the gloves! Screw the helmet, but ALWAYS wear the gloves!
  • August 11, 2013 1:18 AM PDT
    I wear gloves when it's cold, other wise not. I don't wear a helmet either, unless I am off road or in a helmet law state. Off road I wear all the gear.
    • 90 posts
    August 11, 2013 2:54 AM PDT
    I can only find one of my gloves...
    • 3006 posts
    August 11, 2013 8:30 AM PDT
    Have a pair of leather gloves I purchased from a local leather shop,top quality,and have lasted me
    for the last 3+ years,I have glove liners I can pull on for the cold stuff.never ride w/out them,would prolly feel naked.
    On the coast here.with its changeable weather patterns & microclimates,you dont leave home w/out them,unless ya wanna punish yourself !
    LOL @ Road Dog "show us your gloves man" !!! HaH !!!
  • August 11, 2013 3:13 PM PDT
    Deer skin with the stitching on the outside. Comfortable and good in cool to very hot climates.