The New Indian Motorcycles

• September 26, 2013 2:32 PM PDT
    i agree with Bailout , these are 2014 , and no bike built now is like the ones in the early 1900's . i do like the fact that they did keep just enough from the springfield era to tie them to the history , but yet let it be known that they are looking to the future . i just hope they keep them simple and nostalgic . dont much care for the complicated hoopla that seems to be heading into the cruiser world today .
  • September 27, 2013 12:16 AM PDT
    Would love to see them make a Scout version. No dealerships nearby yet so I'll stick with HD or Victory. Kurt
  • September 27, 2013 12:50 AM PDT
    Gorgeous bike!!!
    • 5420 posts
    September 27, 2013 3:45 AM PDT
    I actually saw one the other day myself, the Indian Chief Vintage.  Great looking bike and no doubt even from a distance you could tell it was an Indian.  The guy riding it was from one of the major motorcycle magazines and he was doing a test ride/review. Tough job riding a bike for three days straight through the flat lands, mountains and desert with all expenses paid!

He said he loved it and what impressed him the most so far was that it had a lot more power than he had expected.

• 16831 posts
    September 27, 2013 5:47 AM PDT
    I haven't personally see the "New Indians", but I have seen a new Royal Enfield last week.
    I wish this attempt at the Indian well. :-)
    • 834 posts
    October 15, 2013 4:22 AM PDT
    Why isn't Polaris having the Victory dealers sell Indians in their dealerships?
    • 5420 posts
    October 15, 2013 4:32 AM PDT
    AzRider, More and more of the Victory dealers are carrying the new Indian Motorcycles, but not all of them. There are also a lot of now Indian dealers popping up around the country. Actually right by you Victory Motorcycles of Scottsdale is now Indian & Victory Motorcycles of Scottsdale, plus you have an Indian only dealership in Chandler.

But the rollout is still slower than I expected. Polaris spent a LOT of money purchasing the brand, gearing up production and advertising the release, now they need to get an EXTENSIVE network of dealers - FAST.

I live in So California where there is an enormous riding population and the two closest Indian Motorcycle dealers are Fresno and Las Vegas... both about 250 miles! Yet I have a Victory dealer nearby that doesn't carry them.
    • 58 posts
    October 15, 2013 8:40 AM PDT
    Things seem to have improved in the dealer market for my area. In Aug. the closest dealer was in Memphis, TN and now there is on in Houston.