What's in the Barn

• 846 posts
    July 31, 2013 8:26 AM PDT
     I don't know if anyone has been watching this as there are only a few episodes left (What's in the Barn). Its on the Velocity channel (part of Discovery it was a HD discovery for a while). For me it was a tough to find channel but worth it. If you haven't see it. It's Dale Walksler from The Wheels through Time museum looking for old bikes and getting them running again. Not much time on the getting them running, but a little more on finding some of these old relic's. Little to no drama (how refreshing) and I've seen some bikes that i've never heard of and some real classics. There are some episodes on the web site at http://velocity.discovery.com/tv-shows/whats-in-the-barn.  />
    A big differences from OCC and Devils ride.

Happy viewing
    • 5420 posts
    July 31, 2013 10:26 AM PDT
    I will have to check it out. I met Dale Walksler when my son lived in Maggie Valley and he is a TRUE motorcycle lover!
    • 1 posts
    August 14, 2013 11:54 AM PDT
    Checked ot a few and its a pretty good show. See some really cool old machines.
    • 2 posts
    August 14, 2013 12:40 PM PDT
    Back in Feb went to the best cycle show ever.
    If you ever get to go to anything sponsored by the "Odd-Ball" collectors, go to it. - No museum quality restorations, wash off the chicken droppings, get it running and show it. - If it leaks put a cookie sheet under it.
    Show was at the "Glenn Curtis Museum" in Hammondsport, NY. Glen Curtis was building motorcycles before HD & Indian. He rode a motorcycle he built to the absolute, land speed record in 1903. - 140 MPH.
  • August 14, 2013 11:58 PM PDT
    watch it every chance I get
    • 5420 posts
    August 15, 2013 3:55 AM PDT
    I found and recorded all the shows after hearing about it here and watched 3 or 4 of them last night. I actually liked this show. They spent more time showing the old bikes than the talking. The extremely old bikes were great and it was interesting how they took the time not to disturb the rust, grease and dirt on the outside of the bikes even when they had to tear them open. Cool to see the bikes left in the condition they were found in vs restoring them.

I would like to get back to the Wheels Through Time Museum one day. It has been many years since I have been there and it looks like they have added a lot.
    • 0 posts
    August 15, 2013 8:54 AM PDT
    I RECKON ITS ONE OF THE BEST SHOWS GOING AROUND.NO BULLSHIT ,JUST GET EM GOIN AND RIDE,
    • 5420 posts
    August 15, 2013 10:17 AM PDT
    Yep, that is the most amazing thing is he gets every bike running without doing a major restoration. I just watched the show where for his 60th b-day he started all 120 bikes in a 12 hour period.
    • 9 posts
    August 15, 2013 10:22 AM PDT
    Everyone always holler's RESTORE it. I'm like, dude. Show some respect, to what it was.

Ride Free
    Tweek
    • 0 posts
    August 16, 2013 10:06 AM PDT
    This bloke has an iron leg..Kicken all those old buggers over in one day..Spose he dont have screws and pins all through his hip though..Bloody good show
    • 611 posts
    August 20, 2013 4:57 PM PDT
    Thanx Chaz, I'll check it out.
    Old bikes and less 'drama'? Maybe someone is listening...
    • 580 posts
    August 21, 2013 10:00 AM PDT
    Found it on Turbo channel starting next Tuesday so Sky plussed it to check it out