The mini ice age starts here

• January 14, 2010 1:47 AM PST
    But some people take it too far.........
    • 212 posts
    January 15, 2010 12:18 PM PST
    Earthquakes in Oklahoma---- something has gone wrong somewhere. Had a 4.0 earthquake today. Small in comparsion to all big earthquakes,but I still don't like it. Tornadoes know those are coming!
  • g
    January 16, 2010 12:09 AM PST
    llf,lol
  • g
    January 16, 2010 12:10 AM PST
    stonecoldd wrote...

he's got air bags ,lol.
    • 11 posts
    March 26, 2013 2:32 PM PDT
    Reviving this old topic, as i think most of the North American continent is in an Ice Age! Will the cold weather ever leave?
    • 9 posts
    March 27, 2013 12:54 AM PDT
    Like it or not, agree with it or not, Global Warming is REAL. The greenhouse gasses alone have eroded the atmosphere to a degree never before seen, causing polar caps to melt, (ask a polar bear where he's livin' now), causing higher temps, up 1.4 degrees in recent decades. The 20th century's last two decades were the hottest in 400 years and possibly the warmest for several millennia, according to a number of climate studies.

All this pollution we humans put out has changed the delicate balance in the ecosystem, which sustains life, on this planet, we call Earth. And while it is reversible to a degree, if we don't start now, there are over a million species,
    (including us) which will be adversely, and permanently affected. It's time to be scared people, and it's time to do something, before that beachfront home you now enjoy is nothing more that driftwood.

And yeah, along with all that, can come another Ice-Age. The ocean's circulation system, known as the ocean conveyor belt, could be permanently altered, causing a mini-ice age in Western Europe and other rapid changes.

• At some point in the future, warming could become uncontrollable by creating a so-called positive feedback effect. Rising temperatures could release additional greenhouse gases by unlocking methane in permafrost and undersea deposits, freeing carbon trapped in sea ice, and causing increased evaporation of water.
    (Paraphrased from Fast Facts/National Geographic News)

Before you put the brakes on Al Gore, or anyone else, sounding the alarm bells, think back on a little movie
    most of us were shown in high school. Remember FUTURE SHOCK?
    It's still available to peruse on you.tube. Go check that out, and remember folks, that movie was made in the
    early '70's.

Fast forward 40 freakin' years, and ask yourself one question?

WHAT THE HELL ARE WE GONNA DO ABOUT THIS?
    Cause if we don't do SOMETHING, guaranteed, it ain't gonna be the same planet for our kids and grandkids.

Food for thought, peeps. Chew on that a while, eh?

Not wanting to be a bummer, here. Just want everyone to realize, we are the stewards of something
    greater than ourselves. We are blessed. And now we need to show some gratitude.
    Let's do what we can do now, before we can't do anything.

Ride Free
    Tweek<3
    • 11 posts
    March 27, 2013 5:06 AM PDT
    Very well said, Tweek! You are an awesome woman, Christian, and writer!
    Reminds me of my ex's dissertation paper when he was in seminary titled, "Being a Christian Steward of the Earth"
  • March 28, 2013 12:07 AM PDT
    Earth good. World evil.
    • 11 posts
    March 28, 2013 2:20 AM PDT
    MatSubZero wrote...
    Earth good. World evil.

I agree!
    • 44 posts
    March 28, 2013 3:32 PM PDT
    stonecoldd wrote...

Far be it from me to talk well you Know this is over the top or should I say both sides