DOOMSDAY PREPPERS??????

• 719 posts
    March 26, 2013 11:25 AM PDT
    was setting here flip thru the channels and came across this show on national goegraphic channel called the doomsday preppers and i was wondering if anyone watches the show and what do you think about what they are doing and what they think is gonna happen and what would you do and are you prepared???????????????
    • 5420 posts
    March 26, 2013 11:38 AM PDT
    I just recently got a fire extinguisher for the house so I am finally prepared for a household fire. So as you can imagine doomsday is pretty damn far down the list of things I am preparing for.
    • 719 posts
    March 26, 2013 11:44 AM PDT
    i know what your saying but when i came acrossed it i had to see what others thought hell im to busy planning a ride or workin or something and just figur when it happens it happens all the prepe in the world aint gonna help if someone drops a nuke on us
    • 5420 posts
    March 26, 2013 1:15 PM PDT
    Have you seen those people on Doomsday Preppers? You think I really want to be left here with just them????
  • March 26, 2013 1:28 PM PDT
    I watched it and actually got a few tips out of it - how about a first aid kit in the house - yeah baby all over that one! Gt a tool kit on the bike, first aid kit, spare everything - simple - if the world comes to an end, safest place to be is on my bike
    • 719 posts
    March 26, 2013 1:46 PM PDT
    Lucky wrote...
    Have you seen those people on Doomsday Preppers? You think I really want to be left here with just them????

i only watched it tonite and to answer you "LORD TAKE ME FIRST"
    • 719 posts
    March 26, 2013 1:51 PM PDT
    petrusrock wrote...
    I watched it and actually got a few tips out of it - how about a first aid kit in the house - yeah baby all over that one! Gt a tool kit on the bike, first aid kit, spare everything - simple - if the world comes to an end, safest place to be is on my bike

i keep first aid kits on my bike my pick up the wifes van and my peterbilt tool kits too i think if you have kids the first aid kit is a most and the newest thing i own is my streetglide so tools are a most in rest of the autos............lol
    • 3006 posts
    March 26, 2013 3:05 PM PDT
    Never seen the show,seen similar shows on the History channel.
    The only thing I am prepared for is a earthquake.Canned foods,extra blankets,really large tent,water.tools handy to shut off a gas valve,axe etc..
    As for a doomsday scenario prep,that requires way more $$$ & time.LOL aint gonna happen !!
    • 1161 posts
    March 26, 2013 6:40 PM PDT
    I saw it once. And nope I don't want to see what happens when they use their stuffed they prepped for. Or waisted since it expired and is no longer any good....
    • 719 posts
    March 27, 2013 4:16 AM PDT
    blurplebuzz wrote...
    Never seen the show,seen similar shows on the History channel.
    The only thing I am prepared for is a earthquake.Canned foods,extra blankets,really large tent,water.tools handy to shut off a gas valve,axe etc..
    As for a doomsday scenario prep,that requires way more $$$ & time.LOL aint gonna happen !!

i look at all the money they're spending and then i look at how little i work (by joice) and i'm like it's a waste of money the show last night the family went and bought a shelter that was 10x30 and got buried and the first thing that came to mind was damm buy a new truck or 5 for what that thing cost and with all the stuff they had stock up on they looked like horders
    • 1 posts
    March 27, 2013 7:34 AM PDT
    RobNice1 wrote...
    Lucky wrote...

i only watched it tonite and to answer you "LORD TAKE ME FIRST"

• 601 posts
    April 1, 2013 8:04 AM PDT
    Never seen the show but have to admit I'm one of them..... 24 pack of Carlsberg in the cooler and a bottle of Bacardi Oakheart standing by...

• April 1, 2013 10:03 AM PDT
    They portray the dooms day preppers as willing to protect their property at any cost. As I sat watching the show. I thought how scared and sad their lives must be if their willing to kill their neighbors over a peanut butter sandwich and a glass of water. As a gun owner and a christian the choice for me would be to share my water and bread with all those that came by hungry and thirsty. I think hollywood would like us to believe that kaos would run rampant and shootings and looting would be the norm. If this were to happen I guess i'm gonna just look fondly at my life and get ready to meet some old friends in heaven for that never ending ride on my bike that we all have in our minds!!
    • 719 posts
    April 2, 2013 2:53 AM PDT
    the was well put... if ur that scared to spend all ur time and money to that and put ur family thru that u r a shallow person as i watched that night there was a family of 5 they had aset of twin girls about 4 or 5 yrs old made them watch while they sliced a turkeys throat and then tried to make them eat it..they were moving to coasta rica to get ready for a global colaps.. i will say if u want or need a good laugh watch the show,if u think ur life sucks watch the show u will see ur life aint as bad as u thought.................lol
  • April 2, 2013 3:09 AM PDT
    Since I live over two hundred miles from any major city and over 100 miles from any city over 150,000. I figure the nukes will probably miss me.  I will have to deal with the fallout and the survivors from the cities. Maybe I should watch the show so I will know what I should do.
    • 719 posts
    April 2, 2013 3:42 AM PDT
    Fred77 wrote...
    Since I live over two hundred miles from any major city and over 100 miles from any city over 150,000. I figure the nukes will probably miss me.  I will have to deal with the fallout and the survivors from the cities. Maybe I should watch the show so I will know what I should do.

hey nukes  is that what ur saying  and yes i'll drink to that
  • April 2, 2013 3:42 PM PDT
    RobNice1 wrote...
    Fred77 wrote...

hey nukes  is that what ur saying  and yes i'll drink to that

Aye Rob, pass t' grog.

• April 10, 2013 8:58 AM PDT
    wheels wrote...
    They portray the dooms day preppers as willing to protect their property at any cost. As I sat watching the show. I thought how scared and sad their lives must be if their willing to kill their neighbors over a peanut butter sandwich and a glass of water. As a gun owner and a christian the choice for me would be to share my water and bread with all those that came by hungry and thirsty. I think hollywood would like us to believe that kaos would run rampant and shootings and looting would be the norm. If this were to happen I guess i'm gonna just look fondly at my life and get ready to meet some old friends in heaven for that never ending ride on my bike that we all have in our minds!!

The problem with sharing food and water is that you don't have any after the grocery stores are bought or raided dry. Sadly, after a terrible disaster, like the collapse of the gov. or the dollar, an EMP, or nuclear war, anyone who cares about surviving would be willing to steal from you. Though sharing is a respectable choice, it may just not be safe, as people would be trying to kill anyone for one more meal. It's like the hunger games. Kill or be killed. I am a Christian too, and I own my fair share of guns  but I believe in self defense; if the need be, and I and my family were in danger, I would go to the necessary lengths to keep us safe. I am a prepper, too. It's a hobby.
  • April 10, 2013 9:10 AM PDT
    RobNice1 wrote...
    was setting here flip thru the channels and came across this show on national goegraphic channel called the doomsday preppers and i was wondering if anyone watches the show and what do you think about what they are doing and what they think is gonna happen and what would you do and are you prepared???????????????
    I made one of my hobbies prepping. After what we've all seen happen to the economy, it might very soon collapse. With no government, there are no police. Grocery stores will close, as countless people try to get food before hiding in their house, scared of all the crime and disorder that will follow. The community will be thrown into chaos.  Having guns to secure your household, having food and water (not plumbing, coz noone will run the water treatment places), and having first aid supplies will be necessary for survival. That is why I prepare for the worst. I didn't believe that 2012 crap for 1 second, but problems in our government, nuclear missiles in north Korea, and Russians having EMP capability are real- life problems.

• April 10, 2013 9:12 AM PDT
    RobNice1 wrote...
    i know what your saying but when i came acrossed it i had to see what others thought hell im to busy planning a ride or workin or something and just figur when it happens it happens all the prepe in the world aint gonna help if someone drops a nuke on us
    If you are one mile away form the nuke you can survive, but you need to know what to do and be prepared with a survival kit. I have a small one with me all the time.
    • 2 posts
    April 11, 2013 11:40 AM PDT
    Am a minor league "prepper" myself. - Lots of dried beans, lentils & peas - Big containers of water. - Non-hybrid seeds carefully sealed and stored. - Good quality, human powered tools, especially garden ones. - A few MREs - Hand crank, multi-band radio w/ built in phone charger - Good enough bicycle
    Other things, if other things exist, are nobodies business.
    • 9 posts
    April 12, 2013 9:29 AM PDT
    Cathy...and RORY...

I'm in that same boat. It's gonna happen..someday. But to live your life in THIS kinda uber-preparedness???
    Really? Guess you'll just let LIFE, pass you by, then, HUH?

Say your prayers, be right with GOD (whoever that may be 4 ya) and go out and LIVE!!!

If you're the "eensiest" a good person. You're a HELLUVA lot closer than most.

Right on, and RIDE ON!!!

Ride FREE!!!
    Tweek
    • 719 posts
    April 12, 2013 9:44 AM PDT
    Tweek wrote...
    Cathy...and RORY...

I'm in that same boat. It's gonna happen..someday. But to live your life in THIS kinda uber-preparedness???
    Really? Guess you'll just let LIFE, pass you by, then, HUH?

Say your prayers, be right with GOD (whoever that may be 4 ya) and go out and LIVE!!!

If you're the "eensiest" a good person. You're a HELLUVA lot closer than most.

Right on, and RIDE ON!!!

Ride FREE!!!
    Tweek

thats what im saying every1 is  preparred for something ,but i just think from what i have seen from that show there is alot of people out there that upsested (i know i didnt spell that right) with it...... live your life dont let your life live you
    • 719 posts
    April 12, 2013 9:46 AM PDT
    i cant believe it took 9 days to get 2 page 2 lol