SECURITY system ON 2011 DYNA PROBLEMS

• glw
    March 10, 2013 8:35 AM PDT
    HELP.  Can not figure out this security system.  All lights have shut down and I can not start bike.  The security system was working.  Now I do not know how to access it.  Have tried the IGN-OFF-IGN-OFF-ING and hold the left blinker on - but that did not work.  Would help if I knew what triggered this shut down.  I did have the bike on a battery tender.  Did that make a difference?  I changed battery in FOB already.  Any suggestions? 
    • 44 posts
    March 12, 2013 2:54 AM PDT
    Check all your Battery conections on the bike how long have you had it stored
    • 5420 posts
    March 12, 2013 3:26 AM PDT
    Battey tender should not have made a difference. The security system on your bike uses nonvolatile memory which keeps the code stored whether the bikes has battery power or not.

When you say all lights shut down, do you mean nothing comes on when you turn on the ignition?  No headlight, tail light, nothing?  If that is the case may be as simple as a dead battery!

Do you know the security over ride code? If so turn the ignition on and immediately press BOTH blinker switches. The odometer should change to all dashes (-----) so you can enter the code.
    • 1 posts
    March 13, 2013 2:57 AM PDT
    If ALL lights shut down, I don't think it is the security system. When the security prevents the bike from starting all of the lights should be on as normal and the blinkers would be flashing every few seconds.
    • 2 posts
    March 14, 2013 4:05 PM PDT
    It's not the security system. The battery could be bad but my first thought is the ground cable. Check the battery and the maxi fuse first if you have good voltage and the maxi fuse is good, follow the negative cable to ground and make sure it has a good clean connection. If it does move on to the positive cable and make sure it has a good connection to the battery and the terminals are clean on both cables. good luck
    • 284 posts
    March 14, 2013 11:05 PM PDT
    Got to agree... Fuse or dead battery.
    • 1855 posts
    March 15, 2013 1:48 AM PDT
    Nothinng personal but I never believed in those security systems just for the reason you described; basically if somethinng happens out on the road you are screwed. The whole idea of a key fob determining my riding or not is scarey as hell to me. Not only that: I'd get so damn angry I'd be tempted to use my ballpean hammer on the freakin' thing. The only thing a security system does is keep someone from riding your bike away instead of loading it up in a pick-up and driving it away. Wish I could offer some real help here. I think you need to remove the battery, put it on a charger to be sure, and then reinstall the battery. Like the warning lights in a car...the thing should reset itself and you'll be (hopefully) good to go. Really dude, I'm sorry for your troubles. Hell, I'm angry just thinking about it.

Peace