Nostalgia Squared (New Indian)

• 2 posts
    March 9, 2013 12:39 PM PST
    If anybody is into nostalgia Indian has the motorcycle for you. – Honkin’ BIG V-Twin pushrod engine.
    Best of luck lads.
    (Nice looking ride tho. )
    • 2 posts
    March 9, 2013 12:44 PM PST
    Just kidding on the picture, is not 2014 Indian (but is a great looking ride)
    • 844 posts
    March 9, 2013 3:10 PM PST
    Just don't get that people are still calling these Indians. They are so far removed from the original Indian company its not funny. If you want to make a replica of a bike gone by the wayside, then do it and call it the Polaris Something another or the Victory something. But they didn't buy the Indian Motorcycle Company, they just bought a name.
    • 5420 posts
    March 9, 2013 3:36 PM PST
    I agree completely GoFur. Build a replica Indian and give it a new name. The Indian Motorcycle company has died... several times now. Would be like a good Beatles cover band buying the name the Beatles and putting out albums as the Beatles. Just because they can replicate their songs doesn't make them the Beatles, and just because Polaris can replicate the Indian Motorcycles, doesn't make them Indians.
    • 3006 posts
    March 10, 2013 4:10 AM PDT
    Kudo's to Polaris for buying the name,IMHO, it was a smart business move.
    I agree to some extent with some of what was mentioned above, yet like any business,it has evolved over time into a new brand,it still has retained a following of sorts.I personally liked the last incarnation back in the 90's ?, was seriously looking into picking one up.
  • March 10, 2013 8:25 AM PDT
    I agree. I hope they retain the same look. Indian in my opinion is art in motion, the prettiest bike on the planet. I would love to see them make a comeback. Look at the way Harley came back after the AMF debachle. I would love to own one, just not at nearly 40 grand. I'm pulling for Polaris to pull this off.
  • March 13, 2013 3:25 AM PDT
    Yes! Indian needs to make a come back. We don't have enough American companies making motorcycles as we should. And Harley needs to start making all their parts here in the good old USA. Like the Harley employee told me 3 yrs ago. Harleys are not made in the USA and hav'nt been for a long time. they are just assembled here... Partly, I think why you see a big price tag on the indians, because they are supposed to be totaly made in our country...
    Higher wages? Higher Prices! Either way, It's nice to see another company in these United States grow. I have seen too many close and go by the way side.. I hope and pray they can make it all work...
    • 846 posts
    March 13, 2013 8:45 AM PDT
    I can appreciate the new engine as it does look like older Indians motors. But most are right the original Indian motorcycle company died when it closed in the 50’s and left Springfield, Ma. It would be like trying to bring back the Excelsior or Henderson bikes of yesteryear.
  • April 5, 2013 8:29 AM PDT
    #1. They quit making Indians in 1953
    #2. They have already started Harley bashing! I don't play that shit (with any brand!)...
    If you ride something other than I ride, I on't give a shit... that is your decision just as it is mine to ride a Harley.... Just build on your quality and not the bashing!