Tales From The Farm

• 2 posts
    March 7, 2013 11:06 AM PST
     A farmer had five female pigs. Times were hard, so he decided to take them to the county fair and sell them. At the fair, he met another Farmer who owned five male pigs. After talking a bit, they decided to mate the pigs and split everything 50/50. 

The farmers lived sixty miles apart. So they agreed to drive thirty miles each to a field in which the pigs could mate. The first morning, the farmer with the female pigs got up at 5 A.M., loaded the pigs into the family station wagon, which was the only vehicle he had, and drove the thirty miles. 

While the pigs were mating, he asked the other farmer, "How will I know if they are pregnant?" The other farmer replied, "If they're lying in the grass in the morning, they're pregnant. If they're in the mud, they're not." 

The next morning the pigs were rolling in the mud. So he hosed them off, loaded them into the Station wagon again and proceeded to try again. This continued each morning for more than a week and the farmers were about worn out. 

About two weeks later the farmer with the female pigs was too tired to get out of bed. He said to his wife, "Honey, please go look outside and tell me whether the pigs are in the mud or in the grass." "Neither," replied his wife, "they're all in the station wagon and one of them is honking the horn.”
    • 19040 posts
    March 7, 2013 11:44 PM PST
    Didn't see that coming...
    Funny.
  • March 8, 2013 12:02 AM PST
    So good it went to FB and a couple of scooter forums. Thanks.

Jon
    • 3006 posts
    March 8, 2013 3:41 AM PST
    LOLthanks for sharing this !!!
    • 2 posts
    March 15, 2013 2:11 AM PDT
     A farmer stopped by the local mechanics shop to have his truck fixed. They couldn't do it while he waited, so he said he didn't live far and would just walk home. On the way home he stopped at the hardware Store and bought a bucket and a gallon of paint. He then stopped by the feed store and picked up a couple of chickens and a goose. 

However, struggling outside the store he now had a problem - how to carry his entire purchases home. While he was scratching his head he was approached by a little old lady who told him she was lost.

She asked, 'Can you tell me how to get to 1603 Mockingbird Lane?'

The farmer said, 'Well, as a matter of fact, my farm is very close to that house I would walk you there but I can't carry this lot.'

The old lady suggested, 'Why don't you put the can of paint in the bucket.  Carry the bucket in one hand, put a chicken under each arm and carry the goose in your other hand?'

'Why thank you very much,' he said and proceeded to walk her home.

On the way he says 'Let's take my short cut and go down this alley. We'll be there in no time.'

She looked him over cautiously then said, 'I am a lonely, old widow without a husband to defend her. How do I know that when we get in the alley you won't  hold me up against the wall, pull up my skirt, and have your way with me?'

The farmer said, 'Holy smokes lady! I'm carrying a bucket, a gallon of paint, two chickens, and a goose. How in the world could I possibly hold you up against the wall and do that?'

The old lady said, 'You could set the goose down, cover him with the bucket, put the paint on top of the bucket, and have me hold the chickens.

• 5420 posts
    March 15, 2013 3:47 AM PDT
    Them Old Ladies
    • 3006 posts
    March 15, 2013 4:27 AM PDT
    roflmao
  • March 20, 2013 2:24 PM PDT
    You can never underestimate the innovativeness of American Farm Boys.

At a high school in Iowa, a group of male students played a prank. They let three goats loose inside the school. But before turning them loose, they painted numbers on the sides of the goats: 1, 2 and 4. School Administrators spent most of the day looking for No. 3.

• March 20, 2013 2:35 PM PDT
    A mans gotta do, what a mans gotta do.
    • 11 posts
    March 27, 2013 5:31 AM PDT

Hi, all,
    This popped up on my FB page this morning, i then turned around and shared it on my FB page, and now i'm sharing it with you all. It is so fitting, as I've had a number of folks to say when they visit me "Well, you do, actually, live on a farm!" 

• 2 posts
    March 27, 2013 11:40 AM PDT
    Fred77 wrote...
    You can never underestimate the innovativeness of American Farm Boys.

At a high school in Iowa, a group of male students played a prank. They let three goats loose inside the school. But before turning them loose, they painted numbers on the sides of the goats: 1, 2 and 4. School Administrators spent most of the day looking for No. 3.

↑ like