We need a new Category for Sportsters.......

• February 22, 2013 7:17 AM PST
    Hey guys,....if you're truly a Sportster rider/owner you are use to the ribbing. There a chapter on it in the owner's manual. You can't be tender-hearted and ride a Sporty. Hell, I remember, decades ago, the chant was, "Harley Davidson made of tin....ride it out and push it in...." I figure if you don't rib me about my bike...then you must not like me!
    • 1780 posts
    February 22, 2013 8:00 AM PST
    There are people out there without limbs, or eyes, or hearing that can't even ride a Bicycle that would love just to ride a Sporty. Think they would give a crap what kind of Motorcycle they were riding, and what people would say about them....I think NOT!
    • 1 posts
    February 22, 2013 9:17 AM PST
    i love to rib sporty riders...yet half the guys i ride with now came up through the ranks on em..so its just par for the course..I came in the other way...I wouldn't go near anything american till 95 and peer pressure got hold of me...and yeah i have ridden sporty's alot just never had to own one...although I do like the idea of an 883 trike for some reason.
  • February 22, 2013 9:33 AM PST
    To any and all other riders the 1200L with the EFI is a bad ass fast scoot I've ridden and owned lots of bikes over the years so I speak from experience they are just made to be a one person bike not really good for two peeps but thats okay would rather have someone ride with me than behind me any way...reaction is better that way....when my dad was alive he always told me to park in the street unless it was an Indian no matter what I was riddin' CJ
    • 0 posts
    February 27, 2013 9:25 AM PST
    I just did a rebuild on my old sporty..No one hangs shit on me for ridin a sporty coz its a friggin old scoot...I aint gonna be selling the old ironheAd coz theres a little bloke called Mr Meat Chicken(my grandson) Who is gonna be the coolest kid around when he rides it out after his 18th birthday party....
  • February 27, 2013 9:49 AM PST
     Just bought my first bike a Sportster 883XL!!!  Just learning to ride so she is all I know so far, but I LOVE HER!!!
  • March 1, 2013 12:54 AM PST
    Hell, Sportster keep ya young. Put a set of 16" ape hangers on it and enjoy the ride. Made shitloads of coin for H-D over the years too. Not knockin' the couches but man the fun you can have in a field with the Ol'Lady on the back gobblin' weenies on a string!!
  • March 4, 2013 1:06 AM PST

My red sporty baby is all I know.  I happened to fall into her.  She was my hubby's first as he tried re-acclamated himself on riding after 20 years of no riding.   We went on many trips with her.  Then he moved on and I started riding her on my own.   she is what I learned on after intially learning on the HD Buell in riders' class. 

I have had several "seasoned " riders as well as several Harley salespeople tell me that the Sportster is the toughest bike to ride, and one of the hardest to learn on.  So I feel proud to say I have accomplished it.   I am short, and she is low.  I am small, but can pick her when she is down.  She and I are becoming one!!!  I have big plans for her this summer, My first 'big' road trip will be under way. 

I am glad to have my sportster to ride, most of all she is ALL MINE and PAID FOR!!!   But I agree with others that sitting here bashing each others ride is not right.    We all ride what we like, it is Not WHAT you ride  but AT LEAST you ride!!!    I may move on later with something else, but for now this is for me!!!  And if men ride one too, that is great as well. My hubby loves to take mine out now and then just because he says it is a "FUN , FAST , RIDE".