Superbowl Commercial

• 5420 posts
    February 4, 2013 7:05 PM PST
    Okay I've been reading all this stuff that everyone is grossed out at the GoDaddy Superbowl commercial where supermodel Bar Refaeli kissed the computer nerd.

Now being a "computer nerd" myself (hopefully not quite as nerdy looking as the guy in the commercial though) I fell I must speak out for all of us.

The Budweiser commercial right before that had a man kissing a horse and then the two of them running toward each other like the ending of a romantic movie... and everyone welled-up with a big ahhhh!

So a sexy women kissing a computer nerd is gross, and a man having a love affair with a horse is sweet!

Now my self-esteem is really at an all time low :-(

~Lucky, the "computer nerd"
  • February 4, 2013 7:47 PM PST
    The sound of their kiss made me ill
  • February 4, 2013 10:19 PM PST
    I loved it, myself.  Anybody who was grossed out by that commercial is going to be *really* grossed out by the extended cut version.

• 314 posts
    February 4, 2013 11:39 PM PST
    wheels wrote...
    The sound of their kiss made me ill

My hearing is not as good as yours and i am thankful that the music masked it. I am sure he felt lucky

• February 5, 2013 12:14 AM PST
    She should have been kissing the horse and let the two guys run together.
  • February 5, 2013 12:31 AM PST
    Uhhhhh. I forgot about that one. That's so gross anyway....nevermind that the guy is a tool. I no longer want my english muffin.
    • 1855 posts
    February 5, 2013 2:04 AM PST
    What's gross is what the objectionable responses to the nerd commercial say about some people; i.e., the idea that good looking women are repulsed at the idea of kissing a nerd ("tool"). Who knows what a person thinks of himself. Me? That kiss made me grab up Gypsy just to show her how appreciative I am of her. Other than that, I didn't find any of the commercials able to invoke much emotion from me.
  • February 5, 2013 2:10 AM PST
    I liked the one about farming, probably because I listened to Paul Harvey when he was alive and always liked him.....but I think I related more to the one with the old folks cutting out to raise hell.
    • 9 posts
    February 5, 2013 8:08 AM PST
    Yeah....
    The sloppy "wet" noises, were the HUGE turn-off. EWwwww. Bar-ring his looks (pun intended), they were intentional in the gross-out factor. Go-Daddy is famous for jerking chains. A LOT of offensive stuff, comes from that one source. Why didn't they just call it "Who's Your Daddy". Same connotation.

I won't spend any money with them. Just on principal. I is a grown-up. lol

RIde Free
    Tweek
    • 441 posts
    February 5, 2013 8:30 AM PST

• 844 posts
    February 5, 2013 8:42 AM PST
    Thought the GoDaddy commercial was funny myself and I'm sure it did its job.

My favorite was the goat when he saw all the Doritos were gone!
    • 9 posts
    February 5, 2013 1:36 PM PST
    GoFur wrote...
    Thought the GoDaddy commercial was funny myself and I'm sure it did its job.

My favorite was the goat when he saw all the Doritos were gone!

Yup, me too!  When that goat SCREAMED, I laughed my azz off!!!
    I liked the God made a Farmer, and the Bud. Clydesdale, too.
    And I always like the e-trade baby.
    There just weren't that many really FUNNY one's, this year.  Too bad.

Ride Free
    Tweek

• February 5, 2013 2:25 PM PST
    HAha,,,i laughed my ass off,,,,!!!
    • 1780 posts
    February 6, 2013 12:25 AM PST
    Well I bet the nerd still has a smile on his fact you couldn't wipe off with a body grinder.

Dragon
    • 846 posts
    February 6, 2013 2:43 AM PST
    The go daddy commercial didn't do a thing for me either way.

The ones that topped my list were some of the same already listed.

Doritos Goat, still laugh at that. God made a Farmer and the Budweiser Clydesdale, Top three followed by the Taco Bell old folks.
  • February 6, 2013 3:04 AM PST
    I kissed a girl and I liked it,
    the taste of her cherry chapstick.
    • 3006 posts
    February 6, 2013 4:34 AM PST
    IMHO the commercials are becoming more & more intrusive on the game.The entire rhythm of the game is broken up & its irritating to watch after just a couple of breaks in the game.
    That aside,the commercials are certainly entertaining to some degree,yet where I went for the game none of us stopped talking/anything just to watch a commercial,in fact the only one that cut thru the buzz of the people there was the doritos clip,which I thought was the most funny.
    • 1 posts
    February 6, 2013 10:23 AM PST
    Brewer wrote...
    She should have been kissing the horse and let the two guys run together.

• February 6, 2013 3:39 PM PST
    I'm not a farmer, but I really liked the one with Paul Harvey commenting on, "So God Made a Farmer." The Clydesdale commercial was good. For the record, I'm all for any guy getting to kiss a hot babe...JS...lol
    • 2 posts
    February 7, 2013 12:11 PM PST
    Gave up on the pre-game, post-game, half time and commercials more than a decade ago. - Program the remote "Superbowl" - "Booknotes" on CSPAN - "Puppybowl" on Animal Planet" - at the push of a button.

Caught a few seconds of a few, seemed as gay a h'. - Tho did watch most of the Coke one with the Mad Max characters.