Hello from the foothills of Blue Ridge, a little north of Hickor

• 11 posts
    January 30, 2013 3:32 AM PST
    This is a very interesting site! Hope to uncover lots of info & find some friends
    Karen, a.k.a. tanzanitediamond
    • 11 posts
    January 30, 2013 3:35 AM PST
    OOps, was i supposed to also attach my photo? I thought that would be automatic.

Dear Administrator/s,
    I did not want my professional picture up here so large. I've tried to remove it, without any luck. If you can assist me with that, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!
    Karen

Done!
    • 11 posts
    January 30, 2013 3:37 AM PST
    oKay, sorry for the large photo, I'm new here & just navigating around. Please be patient. thanks
  • January 30, 2013 3:40 AM PST
    once again I'll just say....WOW! I'm actually from the eastern side of the state, Goldsboro, but I've been to Hickory. Welcome to the site!
    • 11 posts
    January 30, 2013 4:44 AM PST
    Thanks for the welcome,Mac117
    • 19028 posts
    January 30, 2013 5:33 AM PST
    Welcome from the 'at large' member to the best damn biker site on this here web thing.
    • 11 posts
    January 30, 2013 5:51 AM PST
    Thanks, RexTheRoadDog
    And, I agree, this site is really wonderful!
    • 1855 posts
    January 30, 2013 6:55 AM PST
    Welcome from w central Ohio

Peace
    • 11 posts
    January 30, 2013 7:00 AM PST
    Thanks, Jimmyacorn!
    • 34 posts
    January 30, 2013 8:06 AM PST
    Welcome From SoCal.
    Swomack
    • 16819 posts
    January 30, 2013 2:54 PM PST
    Hello from Pennsylvania's northern coast.
    • 11 posts
    January 31, 2013 3:13 AM PST
    Hello, RevBigJohn,
    I've been looking for the Christian members
  • February 1, 2013 5:28 PM PST
    Hello there to NC from IL. We have a big Rally there this year. Asheville in June - not to far for you - bunch of Beemer people probably 2000 or so at the Biltmore
  • February 7, 2013 10:05 AM PST
    Welcome to the Site
    • 658 posts
    February 7, 2013 3:26 PM PST
    Welcome to the site Karen from the other side of Hickory. Great place and great people here. Lots to read and learn from. I'm sure you'll enjoy it.
    • 11 posts
    February 8, 2013 1:58 AM PST
    HI, Ron,
    Yes, I like this site very much, and i think i've read topics in just about every area in here. Thanks from the foothills north of Hickory.
    • 567 posts
    February 8, 2013 10:47 AM PST
    Greetings from the Sunshine State and welcome to CF.
    I've ridden around up in your part of the country many times. My wife & I just rode the Blue Ridge Parkway just last October. Great riding country.
  • February 8, 2013 11:34 AM PST
    Another Tar Heel on the site, that's great. Hope it was as pretty in Hickory as Faith. Good to have you here on the site.
    • 11 posts
    February 8, 2013 1:51 PM PST
    Thanks SolarBill & Markyd,
    I like this site! Lots of very useful info & fun places to visit & there's a lady's area, too! By the way, I know every turn & blade of grass on the Parkway between Asheville & the VA state line having been sledding on it, laid out in the sun by it's side, I have part of my foot running route on it, driving on it for leisure & for going to work to 'catch babies (I'm a nurse-midwife), riding non-motorized bikes & yes, motorcycles on it, hiked it, & i know for sure was carried all over it in the arms of my parents! It is my stomping ground!
    And, Us local yokels, also use it to get from one town to another.
    • 1780 posts
    February 8, 2013 2:37 PM PST
    Welcome to our super nice family from Pigeon Forge Tenn.
    Great group of bikers and just plain great people!
    Night Dragon
  • February 8, 2013 3:12 PM PST
    Hiya from South Arkansas :-)
    • 11 posts
    February 9, 2013 8:30 AM PST
    Thanks NightDragon & LCStrat! I have found everyone to be supernice folks & I have mentioned this site to several in my neck of the woods.
    NightDragon...Pigeon Forge really isn't that far away, as the crow flies, LOL & I know I'll be over that way, hopefully, in May.
    LCStrat, I've driven through southern Arkansas a few times, but it's been a while. Can't get far away too often in my line of work.
    • 9 posts
    February 10, 2013 8:03 AM PST
    Welcome Karen! And thanks for your sweet comments on my "Serious Question" post. You say your from the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains, and I know them very well. I try to get up that way, at least once a year! My Dad, God rest his soul, passed in the Mountains, hunting deer, back in '88. So I have a close relationship to that part of the world. I'm fixin' to go read your profile, and I'll send a friend request, K? Let's start this ride...

Ride Free
    Tweek
    • 2 posts
    February 10, 2013 10:04 AM PST
    Had occasion to drive the Blue Ridge Parkway more than once (Driving or riding avoid interstates) - Beautiful country and nice people, or at least the ones I ran into were.
    Whenever used to pass that way Flatt & Scruggs tune used play on a continuous loop between the ears. - Still have it on vinyl
    Good chance you will enjoy this site.
    • 11 posts
    February 10, 2013 11:45 AM PST
    Tweek, YOu are welcome here in my home in the foothills, any time. My brother & I own/inherited a small home only one mile from the Parkway near the Intersection of Hwy. 221 & Holloway Mtn, road & the Parkway (can't recall the mile post) from our deceased parents (Mom passed in 2000 & Dad in 2010) & we were the ones taking care of it, anway in these past several yrs. YOu are welcome at the mtn.s home, too!