Summer Bod

• 190 posts
    January 19, 2010 12:44 PM PST
    hey, Im sure you look great just the way you are. You got a beautiful spirit and -believe me- that goes a long way to accentuating a woman's beauty.....eat, be happy,laugh alot and loce your life.....thats all you gotta do......
    • 1516 posts
    January 19, 2010 3:03 PM PST
    Thanks you guys, my co worker accidentally ordered a book and when it came she brought it in to the office. It was the bellyfatcure book. It is the easiest "diet" I have ever tried to follow. I am not a sweet eater and it is based on your sugar and carb intake, and increased fiber of course. I have barely changed what I eat, but have changed just enough. I had no idea how much sugar was in regular food. But just changing that little item, I have been doing really good! There is an easy alternative to most foods, like bread that makes a huge difference. If anyone wants to check it out, go to www.bellyfatcure.com. />
    Thanks for the encouragement and thank you JimandTerry for starting this. It inspired me!
  • January 19, 2010 10:36 PM PST
    AdventureGirl wrote...
    g wrote...
    u guys wont ever see me ,so i will say im going well ,ive lost loads ,and ive already got my summer body ,lol

ha! Don't be so sure about that g!

OK, so I just weighed myself and am deciding that I will not weigh myself more than once a day or even more than once a week. I will set Friday mornings as my weekly weigh-in and try my best to do it at the same time each week to avoid weird fluctuations. Reason being is that my first weigh-in this morning had me down another -2 but the second had me at only -1 making my weight loss total thus far either -3 or -4. I'll check back in on Fri for sure. As for exercise I am just shaking off the last of the cold/flu that knocked me out the better part of the last week so I can finally get out and moving. Being sick helped me with my fluid intake but even still it took me a whole week to be able to drink 64oz of water in a day. Let's see if I can make that a daily habit. It's hard drinking that much water when you're not used to it.

• January 20, 2010 3:50 AM PST
    Debrajo - NO PROBLEM!!! It's good for all of us!

I like your not weighing every day idea. It can become discouraging when your steady drop turns into steady flat, seems like it takes for ever to start dropping again. Like I said before, I drop about 5 and then stay there for a week, then drop some more... I weigh every day still. As long as it doesn't go up, I'm cool. I do know for a fact that I haven't swayed from the new menu at all since November 25. Which is long enough to call it a habbit. I just have to get the water habit down now. Going for "most" of a gallon every day. February goal is quit smoking! YIKES!

Hang in there

Still -30
  • January 20, 2010 3:52 AM PST
    OK - it's been about two full weeks now. Everyone who is still in, reply with your minus number sometime over the weekend. Maybe someone with a little time on their hands can tally it all up Monday and post our total shrinkage?
  • January 20, 2010 10:58 AM PST
    Debrajo, congrats, and I promise I'm looking into it!
    Weight not coming off, but I swear it's because I'm building my muscles back (that's my story for now!lol) to where they were when I was roasting coffee and lugging 50# buckets and 152# bags of coffee around a year ago, may be lil' but am stronger than alot of guys I know. Hahaha
    Adventuregirl and I ARE very lucky to have the sons we have to push and challenge and include us(cool connection too)
    I'm proud of how great all you guys are doing, but I have to say to the women, thank you for making me feel better about the effort and lack of results. Everyone's advice has been very helpful to me.
    You all rock, thank you for letting me be a part of this.
    xox
    Steph
    • 910 posts
    January 22, 2010 3:01 AM PST
    It's Friday! My designated weigh day... The result = -4lbs this week for a total of -6 since I started. I know I said I wouldn't weigh myself more than once but I couldn't believe the scale when I got on it so I stepped on and off 4 times.. all with the same result. Really?! How did I do that? I know I changed my eating and took in more fluids but I was crazy busy running around with classes and spent the entire weekend pretty much sleeping off a cold/flu so I never exercised.

Ok, so I'm very happy with my results thus far. I never expected it to drop like it did but I'm a realist and I know it won't continue at this pace unless I add calorie burning movement to my days. My next goal: Get myself moving. I plan to add a minimum of 30 minutes 5 days a week on either the stationary bike or walking depending on weather.
  • January 22, 2010 3:25 AM PST
    Nice work AdventureGirl! Proud of you! I'm still only -4, but I can visibly SEE my body changing already. Extra fluids, lots of movement (dirt bikes, landscaping), little change in diet (but smaller portions)t, it's nice to see what will make the difference-my diet! Happy Friday!
  • January 22, 2010 3:25 AM PST
    Ok, I wasn't sure if I was going to post anything here but I too am begining to see some real success from my efforts. In my profile pic. I weighted 235 lbs. This picture was taken back in Sept. 2009 while I don't look too bad I was not healthy. I started working out in the middle of Oct. with a goal to drop my weight to below 200 lbs by March 2010. When I started my program I did not see any progress to my goal for the first month 1/2 but rather I increase my weight from 235 lbs to 240 lbs. This blew my mind as I was heading in the wrong direction. I didn't give up on the program I locked down and worked harder.

I had not weight myself since that date (Nov. 17) until today, while I had noticed little changes is my mood and engery levels over this time I avoided the scale. I was not prepared for what I saw when the number came up today.

Today was was the day so the first thing I did when I got to the gym this morning at 4:30 AM was to hit the scale. My weight this morning was 210 (-30)!!!! Hell yea!!! In just a little over 3 months I have gone up (+5) but overall I've lost (-30). I have 10 more to go before my goal of March... It's really great to feel success!!!
  • January 22, 2010 3:45 AM PST
    Hey Everyone,
    Wow Debrajoe and Adventure Girl, and everyone else, you guys are doing great! Right On! You are all great motivators for me.
    This morning I am down -1, for a total of -5. Man, it comes off so much harder than it goes on. I have bumped my walk up to 3 miles in the morning, then doing yoga or floor exercises when I come in. I've got my neighbor walking with me now. 6/10th of a mile to meet her than another mile up the road from her house, then back to mine. Great way to start my day.
  • January 22, 2010 3:47 AM PST
    Its my friday weigh in. Did alot of cardio this week and added weights. -2 this week for a total of -5 so far. Goal of another 3 this month. Need to work harder
    • 910 posts
    January 22, 2010 3:53 AM PST
    I love it! All of you are doing amazing. What an extra boost to my motivation.
    • 910 posts
    January 22, 2010 3:58 AM PST
    Tex1521 wrote...
    Ok, I wasn't sure if I was going to post anything here but I too am begining to see some real success from my efforts. In my profile pic. I weighted 235 lbs. This picture was taken back in Sept. 2009 while I don't look too bad I was not healthy. I started working out in the middle of Oct. with a goal to drop my weight to below 200 lbs by March 2010. When I started my program I did not see any progress to my goal for the first month 1/2 but rather I increase my weight from 235 lbs to 240 lbs. This blew my mind as I was heading in the wrong direction. I didn't give up on the program I locked down and worked harder.

I had not weight myself since that date (Nov. 17) until today, while I had noticed little changes is my mood and engery levels over this time I avoided the scale. I was not prepared for what I saw when the number came up today.

Today was was the day so the first thing I did when I got to the gym this morning at 4:30 AM was to hit the scale. My weight this morning was 210 (-30)!!!! Hell yea!!! In just a little over 3 months I have gone up (+5) but overall I've lost (-30). I have 10 more to go before my goal of March... It's really great to feel success!!!

congratulations, I applaude your efforts!
  • January 22, 2010 4:06 AM PST
    Thank you....I'm not done yet.. still have 10 to go... It's amazing what you can do with the right diet plan along with exercise.. I workout five days a week for an hour 1/2... I've even incorperated yoga into my workout for core...I'm hoping that will help me out on those long ride this summer.
    • 910 posts
    January 22, 2010 4:19 AM PST
    Well, your results are encouraging. I'm adding a 1/2 hour of cardio (bike/walk) beginning this week. I'm not ready for Yoga yet but I do want to work my way towards that as I continue.
  • January 22, 2010 4:24 AM PST
    The other thing I did in my workout is that I quit thinking I was a power lifter. I did that for years for football from HS through college.. I don't need that extra mass.. I think that's why I went up in weight for the first month 1/2.. my body was use to that type of workout therefore it packed on mass rather than burning it off...
    • 910 posts
    January 22, 2010 4:28 AM PST
    Tex1521 wrote...
    The other thing I did in my workout is that I quit thinking I was a power lifter. I did that for years for football from HS through college.. I don't need that extra mass.. I think that's why I went up in weight for the first month 1/2.. my body was use to that type of workout therefore it packed on mass rather than burning it off...

I can see that being the case. When I get to the weight workouts (not now but before yoga) I will do lower weights with higher reps. All I want to do is burn right now.
  • January 22, 2010 7:29 AM PST
    Friday weigh in

-32 so far

But remember, I had a month head start on you guys.
    Someone tally up how many are in now, and what our total loss for the first month is
    • 1161 posts
    January 22, 2010 11:01 AM PST
    ok did my friday night weigh in im -12 pounds just 63 left to go.
  • January 23, 2010 12:43 AM PST
    Didn't go back terribly far cause a few of us have been vigilant about updates, but with some of y'alls incredible losses (freightrain,Kris10den,shesdruty, debrajo, jim to name a few) it's at about 360+!!!!!!
    Heck, we're sure unloading some baggage this year!
    Amazing, nice job guys,
    Think I'll go get dirty with the kids on bikes today to burn an extra few calories, thank you for the inspiration!
  • January 23, 2010 1:12 AM PST
      Dirty Girl 
  • January 23, 2010 1:30 AM PST
    Exactly!

• January 23, 2010 1:41 AM PST
    I did trails in northwest Wisconsin in 74-78. Gets u in shape quick and dirty is fun  
  • January 23, 2010 1:59 AM PST
    Okay, I'm in...

I will admit that I read a few entries before deciding to join the group. And was surprized the number of men was so high. I guess I'm not the only one who needs to get back in shape. (Round is a shape too!)

I've been watching what I eat for the last week and have dropped 5 lbs.

So... -5 as of 1-22-10

Pup
    • 212 posts
    January 24, 2010 3:23 AM PST
    Only -1 this week, want excuses meetings meetings and those damn mudslides Tricia feeds me! LOl better luck next week, congrats to every one yall are all doing so good.