Riding Solo

• 40 posts
    January 22, 2013 2:38 AM PST
    Maybe this topic has already been covered and if is has my apologies for wasting your time. I would like to know do you prefer to ride solo or have a pillion? Whether it's for a short ride or a long run, what do you prefer?
    • 5420 posts
    January 22, 2013 5:16 AM PST
    There are a few times I enjoy riding solo. Just running up through the canyons for some me time, or when I feel like riding a little harder and maybe scrapping the floor boards a bit in the twisties. But the majority of time, especially when traveling I love having Laura on the back. Just seams better to have her with me sharing the scenery!

I would say 80% of the miles on my bike is with the two of us.
  • January 22, 2013 6:24 AM PST
    enjoy having the wife with me to share in the experience, just wish she would learn to ride and get her own bike... I prefer to ride solo...
  • January 22, 2013 11:31 AM PST
    Solo,I don't care to have a back seat driver.
    • 1 posts
    January 23, 2013 12:35 AM PST
    Solo, I quite riding passengers when daughter got big enought to ride her own.
    • 1855 posts
    January 23, 2013 2:03 AM PST
    Soon to be 65 years young, my two-up riding began only within the last few years. Up until then it was always solo having never met anyone I really wanted sitting behind me. But things changed, lots of things changed; having someone so special to me, someone who appreciates and understands the lifestyle, that I almost never ride solo anymore. Finally, after over 40 years in the wind I have a real companion.
    As I've said before, Jimmy Acorn is just an internet I.D. While the past is for only those who know me, the last few years and the real JA can be found here. http://inthewindwithdoc.com/
    • 5420 posts
    January 23, 2013 2:47 AM PST
    You are a lucky man Jimmy. I too after a whole lot of years found someone who I want behind me almost every time I ride!
    • 3006 posts
    January 23, 2013 7:18 AM PST
    The majority of my two up riding has been done in the last 12 years.
    If I had to pick between the two I would say 2up is better any way I look at it.
    Its more fun when its shared,its economical and its time well spent with someone special,.
    tho some ladys I never offered a ride, even tho we dated, as I knew they would not enjoy it.

• January 23, 2013 11:34 AM PST
    used to ride alone but I'm lucky to have someone who loves the ride as much as I do...plan on keep'in it that way!

• January 23, 2013 11:00 PM PST
    I love to ride either way. I have a large group of friends that I do ride with on the weekends, but alot of the time when nobody can ride, I will ride solo. It's very peaceful for me to ride.
    • 19040 posts
    January 23, 2013 11:51 PM PST
    Right now there is no back seat rider in My Life. It could happen but I am not looking. It is great both ways.
    • 314 posts
    January 24, 2013 12:44 AM PST
    I have never let anyone ride on my bike with me and never will. Most of my riding i am alone.
    • 9 posts
    January 24, 2013 1:20 AM PST
    Feel ya there, Paula. One time I let a "large" woman on the p-pad, cause she begged for a ride down the street. THAT is not something, I would ever repeat. I did try to get my son on, but he has never had the "urge" to ride. I like goin' SOLO. Only myself, to keep track of...know what I mean?

Ride Free
    Tweek