Hello from IL

• January 20, 2013 4:32 AM PST
     I am one of those Motorcycle crazy people. Love anything on two wheels. Follow all the races. Riding a BMW GS Adventure. Big into Motorcycle Sound systems. Nothing like flying through some nice twisties with music, hammer down, music up, love it. Member of our local BMW Club. Run our Facebook site (NIBMWR). Post Breakfast rides every weekend there, I ride any chance I get.
    Been into Motorcycles since I was a kid. Started on 50cc Mopeds in Germany, had many bikes over the years and now riding an adventure bike. Like the idea that I can get off road and just keep going. Accidentaly tried that with my Goldwing in Wisconsin following my GPS instructions - you know how she gets when you dont listen and alwasy so recalculating - Goldwing on gravel and dirt - a 900Lbs dirt bike, that will make your rear end take a bite out of the seat. But was fun - looking back at it. Traveled all over the US and Europe on two wheels. So Hello everybody - see you on the road some place.
    • 5420 posts
    January 20, 2013 5:32 AM PST
    Welcome Peter. I love ALL things two wheel myself. Enjoy the site!
    • 16837 posts
    January 20, 2013 6:40 AM PST
    Hello from the cold and windy Pennsylvania shores of Lake Erie.
  • January 20, 2013 7:39 AM PST
    Hi Peter, I guess if cycling gives a person a feeling of freedom then adventure cycling must be true freedom. You're not bound to paved roads, or for that matter roads.
  • January 20, 2013 9:06 AM PST
    Hello from 32 degree Columbia, MO
  • January 20, 2013 3:20 PM PST
    Thanks guys. 32 degrees? Must be summer theretoday we will be at 8 I think. Was in Sedalia this year for a rally, 120 degrees, damn that was hot.

Yes Fred77, thats the fun part, no stopping and you can actually really get away from things, the more out west or up north you go, the more roads / tracks / trials you have with zero traffic besides some adventure people
  • January 20, 2013 11:08 PM PST
    Hello from Minnesota currently -5 degrees.
  • g
    January 20, 2013 11:41 PM PST
    hello ,.......from scotland.
    • 19046 posts
    January 21, 2013 12:07 AM PST
    Welcome from the 'at large' member to the best damn biker site on this here web thing.
    • 1364 posts
    January 21, 2013 12:22 AM PST
    Welcome from the Pacific Northwest
  • January 21, 2013 1:46 PM PST
    Hello Everyone, you all looking forward to get back on the bikes? - 5? now we are talking, windchill in chicago is hitting -25 degrees tonight, I am sure it is colder in MN today then here. Scotland is having a wet year from what I see. I cant wait for it to warm up just a little.
    • 1855 posts
    January 22, 2013 2:18 AM PST
    Hellooooooooooooooooooo
    Peace
  • January 23, 2013 5:56 PM PST
    Move out of the cold and come on down to riden year round! welcome from Georgia
  • January 23, 2013 10:55 PM PST
    Hello fellow Illinois (Quad Cities) rider. Currently -10 degrees...burrrr. Can't wait for warmer weather. Hope to see you on the road. Peace out.
  • January 24, 2013 3:30 PM PST
    Cold right now, yep. Looking forward to the bike show in a couple weeks. Good group of people here.