Motorcycle Racing

• January 17, 2013 3:01 AM PST
    I see the NASCAR topic here is pretty popular and wnated to see who is into Motorcycle Racing.

What is your favorite type of racing?  Motorcycle GP, Superbike, Motocross, Enduro, Flat  Track, etc?

Who is your favorite team, manufacturer, rider?
  • January 17, 2013 3:08 AM PST
    I am into all types of motorcycle racing and will watch it all. My fav is MotoGP followed by Superbike.

Of course I like watching the greats in GP like Lorenzo and Rossi, but I am always rooting for the best American Colin Edwards

In Super Bike it is Roger Hayden and Ben Bostrom for me. But Josh Hayes had a great year last year and should be fun to watch in 2013.

Can't wait for Daytona Bike Week... I'll be at the track all day and at the parties all night!!!
    • 16831 posts
    January 17, 2013 7:14 AM PST
    NHRA Pro-Stock Motorcycle.
    Almost 200 mph on 2 wheels.
    I like AHDRA as well.

• 5420 posts
    January 17, 2013 8:11 AM PST
    Being and old time amateur road racer myself I enjoy watching all motorcycle racing.

Superbike and GP are my favorites, but really enjoy motocross and flat track too.
  • January 17, 2013 3:20 PM PST
    RevBigJohn wrote...
    NHRA Pro-Stock Motorcycle.
    Almost 200 mph on 2 wheels.
    I like AHDRA as well.

• January 17, 2013 3:51 PM PST
    When I was younger I ran a bike at the area drag strip. Now I do enjoy watching MotoGP, AMA Superbike, and will watch some motocross. I like Rossi and have a replica of his Yamaha bike for the office. It draws a lot of conversation. I ride a Yamaha so I always pull for Team Yamaha, but appreciate and like all of the top riders out there. One of my bucket list items is to attend a MotoGP race in the states (I'm thinking Indianapolis will have it again next year, and catch Josh Hayes racing in the AMA Superbike the same weekend). It's a dream anyway!
    • 844 posts
    January 18, 2013 4:22 PM PST
    I just flat our love racing of anything with wheels, no anything with pistons because I like boat racing too.

Don't really know the names in motrocycle racing too much because it don't come on often enough. But when I see it on TV I will watch it. Like to go to the local tracks and watch the motocross and the flat track. Even saw them ice race motorcycles once up in Washington.
  • January 18, 2013 6:15 PM PST
    Any Racing on two wheels is good. AMA, MotoGP, WSBK, AHRMA, Isle of Man, NHRA - its all good. I am waiting to see what our Texan (Spies) will do in GP on his Ducati, hopefully more than on his Yamaha last year. Rossi changing Teams and a few others, should be a good year to watch.
  • January 21, 2013 7:31 AM PST
    glad to see others here are into motorcycle racing too. Let's get this season started!
  • January 21, 2013 9:40 AM PST
    Whats going on with the new Texas Race Track - first it was on the schedule now it is off the schedule - anyone know what happened?
    • 5420 posts
    January 21, 2013 10:03 AM PST
    If you are talking about the Circuit of the Americas down in Austin, as far as I know they are having a Moto GP race in April... http://circuitoftheamericas.com/moto-gp style="font-size: larger;">

Looking forward to some good F1 and Supercar racing down there too!
  • January 21, 2013 1:27 PM PST
    You are correct April 21st - I had checked a while back, first it was on the site, then it disappeared, now it is back on. Negotiations I guess. Yes F1 in the US will be fun and it is a great track there in Austin.
    • 5420 posts
    January 28, 2013 5:26 AM PST
    Just a few more weeks to the Kick-Off at Daytona!!!

Who can forget last year's race...

http://www.cyclefish.com/forum/Bikers039-Topics/Biker-Chat/Daytona-200---WOW-What-a-Finish-113575-1.html />
    • 51 posts
    January 28, 2013 6:26 AM PST
    That was a great race. I'll be there for this year.
    • 5420 posts
    January 29, 2013 2:20 AM PST
    We also have Moto GP starting in April. Watch for Americans Nicky Hayden and Ben Spies to be real contenders this year. We need some Americans finishing in the top 5!!!
  • January 29, 2013 6:00 AM PST
    Lets see how Spies get's along with his new Ducati. I had great hopes when he came up from FIM on his Yamaha, keeping my fingers crossed for him this year. If Ducati worked out the handling issues Hayden should be doing well but they need more top speed too, the Honda's left em in the dust every time.
    • 5420 posts
    January 29, 2013 6:24 AM PST
    I didn't even realize he had switched to Ducati... thought he was still riding Yamaha this year
  • January 29, 2013 9:22 AM PST
    The race is awesome. And it has me thinking of a Ducati too!
  • January 29, 2013 2:37 PM PST
    I liked AHDRA also but they folded and they are no more.
    • 5420 posts
    January 29, 2013 2:42 PM PST
    Yeah, I was bummed to hear that. Those were some awesome machines to watch!
    • 16831 posts
    January 29, 2013 3:51 PM PST
    Well that kills the short ride over to Thompson Raceway Park to see the annual AHDRA event.
  • January 29, 2013 5:55 PM PST
    Spies will not be on a factory machine, that will make it even more interesting. Personally I am looking for Melandri to kick butt in fim this year. Are we there yet?
  • February 14, 2013 3:07 PM PST
    Love motocross, always have, still have two dirt bikes I hit the local tracks with.
    • 5420 posts
    February 15, 2013 7:47 AM PST
    Me too. The great thing about MX is the battles when they pass in the turns. Something you don't see in any other racing.
  • February 15, 2013 11:03 AM PST
    Anyone paying attention to WSBK this week? Lots of crashes, Ducati literally burned up, couple riders in Hospital, others injured - damn what a day that was. First ride coming up in a couple weeks - Phillip Island has new Asphalt that seems to be pretty slick for all riders. Checa sick in the Hospital. Can't wait for the new season to start.

By the way to all race fans - Speed does not yet have a contract with MotoGP or FIM to actually show any of he races on US TV!