Uni Cycle

• 1 posts
    January 9, 2013 8:08 AM PST
    In past topics I have briefly mentioned uni cycles before. its basically the rear end of a motorcycle with a rigid skid frame attached...the rear wheel drive it and it skids along the ground and you steer it by weight transfer...

With the Thunderbolt rally fast approaching in May, I had a uni cycle all picked out...a GT 750 suzuki, yep a 2 stroke killer machine...would have given the competition a good run for their money..provided I could keep the power to the ground...

however it seems the fun police have struck again. Because it's actually now a race...on grass...with two lanes that kinda, well actually is a short drag strip...Uni Cycles only race 30 metres...or 90 feet...but the fun police now require each rider to be Cams licenced....and run premium insurance as well as public liability for each competitor..which puts a uni cycle outa my price range...You could hear the insurance assessors mind clicking the more I spoke about what a uni cycle was...the fun police priced me out of competition.

Seems that the fun police just want to screw around with another biker venue...this year they are expecting us to hire cops to do security....kinda user pay system. Why.... I have no idea... 
    • 5420 posts
    January 9, 2013 1:17 PM PST
    Looks like something I would jump on and yell "Hey watch this". Which translated means have the paramedics on standby.
    • 44 posts
    January 9, 2013 1:27 PM PST
    That looks like a rush I Think I will look more into this HEY YALL WATCH THIS LoL
    • 1 posts
    January 9, 2013 2:30 PM PST
    thats why the races are only 90 feet long....they have lawnmower races too...on a short track..and Guess what cams and insurance aswell.